Hacking How do I make my a9lh 3ds into a panda (dev) 3ds

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The answer is to install the dev version of Luma. It has ARM9 and ARM11 exception handlers so you can see in detail where things crashed. Installing dev firmware won't help you debug anything without the corresponding hardware board that licensed developers get, and even then, from what I've heard, it also will not work with retail consoles.

Reactions: proflayton123
D

Deleted User

I wanna try having a dev 3ds
There's a leaked 11.4 Dev firmware over at that ISO site. Download that, and use SysUpdater to "downgrade" to that dev firmware.

However, the CIAs are of USA region, so if your 3DS is not already on a USA firmware, use Plailect's guide to region change to USA. (But looking at how you come from the USA, I would imagine you are pretty much prepared anyway.)

It's highly recommended to install the dev firmware while using Luma3DS Dev Build + A9LH, as Luma dev build has a developer mode that is required to boot the Dev FW, if I remember rightly. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone...

And that's pretty much it, I think. BUT MAKE SURE TO DO A NAND BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANYTHING, OR DO THIS IN EMUNAND! No end of times was I experimenting and having to restore my NAND backup! ;O;

But to be honest, I wouldn't really go to the trouble of doing it. The only amuzing thing to do while on a dev FW is pretty much the ability to press X + Y on the home menu to display semi-debug banner info... (Also press X + B to change the banner region, so you can view the Japanese versions of banners and stuff...)
Also, your 3DS's firmware version in System Settings displays 0.0.0-0U. :P

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night