LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi can anybody help me ... i want to play jap. games in eng but i really have no clue of how to translate a game (i want it in a patch) can anybody help me ? i know its gonna take a long time to learn but there are so many good ds games like : tales of ...

So can anybody give me a program or explain me how to make a patch

thanks already

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
There is no "simple" explanation, and if you've never had any experience with any form of game hacking then don't start here. You cannot just "make a patch", it doesn't work that way.

Plus your topic is in the wrong section -- You posted in the Site Help & Suggestions. This has nothing to do with GBAtemp help.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
for translate games use an Hex editor ,).
But it's really difficult
frown.gif

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
S everyone has to start somewhere... everyone has learned it from something and im not stupid :S i know you cant just explain it in 5 minutes but there has to be a site or something where they will explain everything about that so im just asking for that site

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
12philip12 said:
S everyone has to start somewhere... everyone has learned it from something and im not stupid :S i know you cant just explain it in 5 minutes but there has to be a site or something where they will explain everything about that so im just asking for that site

This Website may be useful.

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok im gonna do it with Hex Editor ... it will may be a few weeks before i really understand it good
but i promise you all ... one day i will make a great patch !
biggrin.gif
:D:D
yaypsp.gif

Ok i think this is the start but can you please help search for the japanese game script... you see im getting an ''operation'' over a few days so i must stay like 5 days at home i think i will do all day the patch so it wil get a nice fast start but please

ANYONE GIVE ME PLEASE THE JAPANESE GAME SCRIPT OF TALES OF INNOCENCE

(for in the case i didn't mentioned yet.. that will be my first translation)

anyone ????????

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well...there're already several groups working on tales of innocence translation...
however, there has yet to be a translation for Tales of the Tempest, if you're looking for a similar game...
However, in my opinion, as you're a rookie in translation (like me...i've hacked roms numerous times but i've never actually done a full project...), i wouldn't try to do something that big (just look at the size of the script...
http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/4492-...empest-guide-1)
I too, am looking for something to do over the summer (or at least what's left of it...) and I wouldn't mind joining in your venture...if you do agree to join me in translating tales of the tempest, i can do script dumps, tile editing and script translations...
so...whaddya think?

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok... i guess its better if you handle it together...so tales of the tempest it will be ? all right

So uhhm to begin with :

1. Wich program do we use to translate
2. Are we gonna make it open for the rest who wants it via a site ?
3. Will it be a projekt we will do together or can any1 help who wants ?
4. How do we make fast contact for problems ?

If those are answered then..... im in

(ehhm i've found a site with the full translation ? http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-ds/4492-...empest-guide-1)

We can use that so that we already have the full game script translation

mishydishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already asked about a ToT translation, and I'm working on it using a website I found. I also e-mailed XCOMP, and he said that I could use his translation. Wanna pool together and work on it and stuff? I kinda want to get the menus done first, and then work on the main script.

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cool...i'm in... i'm used to romhacking but new to translations...
oh yeah...can anyone read japanese by any chance? it might make some of the table-making a bit easier. the actual translation should be more or less easy, once we locate the script in the hexcode...either that or we might be able to use dslazy and unpack the script or something...i'll look into it now...

naturally, we'd start with the menus, then on the script. the script should be in one giant batch, so there shouldn't be much problems there...

concerning which program...i'm not sure what's best for translations, but for tile editing, the thing i use, tile layer pro, doesn't work on .nds files...so i'll find something else...
for table making, i don't know my left from my right, so i guess table maker relative is good...
and for hex editing, i use translhextion...just 'cuz it has the open partially function, which is great for me 'cuz my computer's kinda slow with these things...

if anyone knows anyone who has actual experience with script dumps and translations whose willing to help, please contact them. tales games are massive rpg's with huge amounts of text, and although we may be willing to spend hours in front of our computers, if we don't do it right, someone or somehting might die in the process of the work...

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh yeah...um...sorry for the double post...but...
if it's compressed, we're screwed. my java skills are not nearly good enough to deal with somehting like that and i can't learn assembly in a day...just a note...

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok before i can start helping i really need to know something

1. How do i start
2. With wich program are we doing it
3. Are we first translating the menu
4 on wich site do we have quick contact
5. Where can i load the patch progress of how far its already done ?

LivingToDie

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey guys i've put an new topic on the site called : Translation patch : Tales of the tempest

I think we can better discuss things there cause this topic was still a little bit about an other subject so lets talk further on the other topic

boojumz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
considering the fact that we're all noobs at romhacking, let's all work on the same thing together...i guess...but either way, i don't think we should keep this convo on this string...people might flame us...

and for your other questions...

1. How do i start

go to romhacking.net/start/ and learn. even if you don't understand everything, there's a sticky somewhere here that also has more details. no worries. if you don't get it, i'll explain things to the best of my ability. download some software...i guess...note that most of those docs came out in 2001, so there's probably better software out there. look around the forum here.

2. With wich program are we doing it

ask the other guy. i've never done a translation before.
3. Are we first translating the menu

probably yes. the script itself would be easier, but it will be freakishly long. the menu will be harder, but babelfish is your friend.
4 on wich site do we have quick contact

no clue. we need to confer.
5. Where can i load the patch progress of how far its already done ?

no idea. ask the other guy. he seems to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off