Hacking How do I load Wiiware/VC games in vWii using Wiiflow?

To be honest, you don't really need to use Sneek unless you want to be booting the Emunand (though chances are if yours hangs, the compiled bin might need to be redone.)

What I found worked for me was to start with a fresh Wiiflow. Extract my NAND to a storage device. Then just go into WiiFlow and point to the NAND. Launched WiiWare with no problems. (I also highly suggest that you probably store your NAND on a USB if it supports it. I have a middle of the road 4GB SD, and it seems to take 10s to boot up, where the USB is pretty much 1-2s.)

Hope it helps. Try it without SNEEK and see if it works from the get go. I just chose to grab a fresh Wiiflow to make sure settings I had previously on my old Wii won't mess up. Then I'll get back to importing the covers,etc..

Last note, try using D2x 10 v52 instead of 53 if you have it.
 
Just install it over top of the 53. Use the D2x installer from the Vwii tutorial.

Install it

b56, s249
b57, s250
b58, s251
 
I've been trying to set this up on my vWii to use wiiware and was getting the black screen reboot to Wiiflow with everything.
So I started to experiment.

Turns out that if you hide your USB hard drive it will not work.
I used Ustealth to unhide the drive and everything works as intended.

So it looks like we need to have support added for hidden drives when using Emunand in Wiiflow.

Until then I need to put up with the format nag everytime I switch on the Wii U as I cannot seem to make Wiiware/Emunand work from SD card as an alternative

Edit:
For info, I was previously using the Wiiflow build from WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod_Pack_Full

I got Wiiware to work finally from SD Card by using the latest beta of Wiiflow (r1076)
I'm not sure if this fixes the issue with hidden hard drives as I am happy running my emunand from SD now.
 
Last edited by Gazdaman,

Site & Scene News