Hacking How do I know if my 3DS has arm9loaderhax or boot9strap?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ViniLaranj
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 9,167
  • Replies Replies 13
Boot your 3DS while holding Select. The version of Luma3DS displayed on the configuration settings will give you an indication.
  • 7.1 and higher means you have B9S.
  • 7.0.5 and lower means you might have A9LH.
 
My 3DS is hacking with RxTools, but the version the show when I launch setting is RX-E 11.0.0-33U.

Inside my SDcard there is some files named
"nds-bootstrap. Ini", "released-bootstrap.ver", "hb-bootstrap.nds"

That is means I have BootStrap?
 
Last edited by ViniLaranj,
My 3DS is hacking with RxTools, but the version the show when I launch setting is RX-E 11.0.0-33U.

Inside my SDcard there is some files named
"nds-bootstrap. Ini", "released-bootstrap.ver", "hb-bootstrap.nds"

That is means I have BootStrap?
iirc those are from twloader files to load nds roms. seems you need to update from rxtools
 
  • Like
Reactions: ViniLaranj
But I wanna install Luma
I am follow Plailect's guide.
On his guide he says:
"This page is for instructions on how to install boot9strap to a stock 3DS or 2DS. If you already have arm9loaderhax installed and are looking to update to boot9strap, follow A9LH to B9S."

This is my problem, I don't know if I update or I go on guide.
The first part of guide is install homebrew.
But mt 3DS alread have it.

After istall B9S.
That is my problem, I don't no if I install or update

I don't know if it's helpfull, but when I boot my 3DS with SDcard, launch a menu with a countdow and 2 options "RxTools" and "HomeBrew". (like on image below)
If I boot without SDcard, lauch other 3DSmenu.
What's it's means?
 
Last edited by ViniLaranj,
.
 

Attachments

  • Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited by ViniLaranj,
Apparantly all you have to do to uninstall RXTools is delete the RXTools folder (I'd back it up first of course)
If you have emunand on the card you're gonna need to make sure to remove that extra partition when you set up your sd card.
then from there you would just follow 3ds.guide because your 3ds would be stock again.
And from the very beginning of the guide even though you previously had homebrew
make sure not to update your 3ds as it's on an easily moddable firmware without a flashcard iirc
 
Last edited by Mythical,
  • Like
Reactions: ViniLaranj
Last edited by Mythical,
But in relation to arm9loaderhax and boot9strap?
Do they iterate on something or can I follow it even without knowing which one I own?
 
But in relation to arm9loaderhax and boot9strap?
Do they iterate on something or can I follow it even without knowing which one I own?
Currently you don't have either b9s or ARm9loaderhax you have rxtools, but in this case deleting the folder will get your system ready. They're both different things,but A9LH is out of date compared to Boot9strap/Rosalina. You have rxtools, but you can follow the guide as if you just bought an unmoddded 3ds and just check your firmware and go from there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In this section "
"What do I need to know before starting?"
there is instructions for porting over your old emunand if you have one
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted