Hacking Question How do I install via usb on goldtree?

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the driver replaced via zadig, I have both goldtree on the switch and pc. Yet when I run Goldtree on the pc the little box shows up saying connection established, yet I don't get the please select nsp file window.....What's going on here?

Reactions: NoNAND

Brothan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: Now I'm getting an error ocurred attempting to process USB GLUC commands:
Error: 0xb64
Module: Goldleaf(356)
Description: Invalid USB Command

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You likely have messed something up during the installation or your us cable isn't compatible.
Be sure to follow this guide. It worked for me.
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/installnsps/installnsps-goldtree

That's the exact guide I followed and it just doesn't work. Goldtree on PC is giving me a command block read size mismatched error(expected 0x1000, got 0x4!)

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Edit: Now I'm getting an error ocurred attempting to process USB GLUC commands:
Error: 0xb64
Module: Goldleaf(356)
Description: Invalid USB Command

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's the exact guide I followed and it just doesn't work. Goldtree on PC is giving me a command block read size mismatched error(expected 0x1000, got 0x4!)
are you using goldleaf 0.7?
using hbmenu album as an entry point?

Pinkton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not quite a foolproof tut on using goldleaf, but, I'll try help as I can.

1) Ensure you have libusbk drivers installed for the switch. You need to install them twice, once for RCM mode and once for OS mode. To do this, ensure USB is plugged in and use zadig.
2) Load up goldleaf using which ever method you use (I personally use the R+Album)
3) You should now open up the same version of Goldtree that you're using Goldleaf. So 070 with 070 if you're using latest version.
4) Go to explore contents, via PC (USB) (or along those lines. Switch isn't to hand)
5a) Should now be able to view the pc from your switch. Browse to the NSP you want to install.
5b) You can also open up a prompt within switch goldleaf to open an NSP via your pc. AGain, can't remember command but it's pretty explanatory...

Anything to do with USB command errors is normally due to bad drivers for the switch, bad cable, or bad drivers for your USB port, so you could always try a different port/hub/cable.

Reactions: VashtaNerada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat