Hacking how do i install themes from freeshop

mohdsaher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is a stupid question but how do I install themes from freeshop do I need another titlekey file or what?

trixiesama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why is it a bad idea
It's not a bad idea, it's just a lot of trouble. When you install themes from freeshop all the themes will be installed, which means you'll have to manually deleted most of them in order to use the themes menu again. You can only have 100 themes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway, to install the themes through freeshop you have to select the joystick figure on the lower screen and then select Home Menu Themes. There should be a yellow triangle indicating there is available dlc for this program. Just touch the DLC button and freeshop will install all currently available themes. Just bear in mind there are a lot of them and you'll have to choose only 100 to keep.

Last edited by trixiesama,
Trophies
Country
Canada
It's not a bad idea, it's just a lot of trouble. When you install themes from freeshop all the themes will be installed, which means you'll have to manually deleted most of them in order to use the themes menu again. You can only have 100 themes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway, to install the themes through freeshop you have to select the joystick figure on the lower screen and then select Home Menu Themes. There should be a yellow triangle indicating there is available dlc for this program. Just touch the DLC button and freeshop will install all currently available themes. Just bear in mind there are a lot of them and you'll have to choose only 100 to keep.
Where is the joystickm?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Trophies
Country
Canada
Upper corner of the the touchscreen
That's all I have
854939b4ab31a4d3108f1808d46474ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

nix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After freeShop completely installs them, just uninstall the whole thing through freeShop (tap the little trashcan). The tickets for the themes will remain on your system and you can just download them all for free from the theme shop without having to manually delete themes.

That simply did not work for me, I installed all the themes from freeshop, then deleted them and it still only shows the free ones in my Theme Collection, all the others appear as purchasable items in the Theme Shop.

Last edited by nix31,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That simply did not work for me, I installed all the themes from freeshop, then deleted them and it still only shows the free ones in my Theme Collection, all the others appear as purchasable items in the Theme Shop.
Huh. I dunno why it worked for me, then. What I did was install them from freeShop, go into the theme store to be greeted with the theme limit, delete five or so and found the task to be too tedious, so I deleted them all within freeShop. When I went back to the theme store every single one of them was downloadable for free. Do you have an NNID linked and do you have eShop purchases? These two factors will interfere with themes and DLC.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: nix31

nix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Huh. I dunno why it worked for me, then. What I did was install them from freeShop, go into the theme store to be greeted with the theme limit, delete five or so and found the task to be too tedious, so I deleted them all within freeShop. When I went back to the theme store every single one of them was downloadable for free. Do you have an NNID linked and do you have eShop purchases? These two factors will interfere with themes and DLC.

Yes and yes! What would you suggest?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you downloaded any free or purchased any themes prior to doing this then getting the themes from FreeShop won't work. Use CHMM to apply themes and look for the themes you want in CHMM format. Since themes are copywrited I can't tell you where to get them but you can find them the same place you can find most copywrited 3DS stuff that we can't share here.

nix31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since that's the case you can find chmm compatible versions of retail themes on that ISO site. Unfortunately, the eShop tends to remove the tickets for themes and DLC when you have legitimate purchases.

If you downloaded any free or purchased any themes prior to doing this then getting the themes from FreeShop won't work. Use CHMM to apply themes and look for the themes you want in CHMM format. Since themes are copywrited I can't tell you where to get them but you can find them the same place you can find most copywrited 3DS stuff that we can't share here.

Ok, thank you both. I'm not familiar with CHMM so I'll look into some guides.

Alternatively, if I disassociated my NNID from my 2DS, would I be able to use the freeshop tickets? I don't really have much I care at all in this NNID account.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Alternatively, if I disassociated my NNID from my 2DS, would I be able to use the freeshop tickets? I don't really have much I care at all in this NNID account.
Uh, maybe. I've not ever tried. Also, to use CHMM you just create a folder on the root of SD named themes and place the folder for the theme you've downloaded in it. There's also a CIA of CHMM2 on TitleDB, so you can install it with either FBI or Homebr3w. Here are a bunch of free, CHMM compatible themes that are made by the community. You can grab one from here to test it out. Also, CHMM has a bug where it doesn't always apply the background music, so apply the theme twice and it should work.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.