Homebrew How do I install game updates through WUP installer

Reptile_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i've recently homebrewed my WiiU and wanted to download breath of the wild I used USB helper to download the game and the update. I could install the game with no problem using WUP installer but updates dont appear on the WUP installer menu am I doing something wrong?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Leave them in the folder they download to in usb helper and try to download it again. Usb helper will validate and verify the files automatically and if all is well, it will say your titles are ready.

If your botw game installed fine, start the game and make a quick save data file. Delete that games wup folder from your sd/install folder and then place the update file folder into sd/install so that is the only content in there.

As said earlier, they won't show if you have that folder in another folder within the sd/install. (you may not have done that but it is a simple mistake to make!)

Kimmisser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi
I also recently got botw with the Update folder from Wii u Usb helper
I can install the game but i haven’t got a clue on how to install and where to install the Update files
Each time i start the game it prompts for and starts to download an Update from the internet
I have used UFD and i have changed my DNS settings to prevent an Update from but it starts downloading it on every start of the game
My structure on my SD is as follws:
SD/install/“gamename - with the gameid-“
SD/install/UPDATE
I have used WUP GX 2 and WUP Y MOD but i am totally lost.....

Kimmisser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi
I have similar issues....
I have via USB U helper downloaded botw with UPDATE folder but i haven’t got a clue on where to install and how to install the update

I have read several posts in here regarding the update but i feel completely lost

I have installed the game and each time i launch it it prompts for an update and returns to download menu and starts to download
I have removed my updatefolder with UFD and changed my DNS just to prevent any updates
The file structure on my SD is as follows:

SD/install/“gamename- with gameid-“
SD/install/UPDATE

I tried WUP GX 2 and WUP Y MOD.....
I cannot make a save file from botw because on launching it immedeatly prompts me for an update....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Install the update to the same place as your game. ie if you installed to usb, update installs to usb.

Make sure the game update folder is not within another folder in the install folder.

Your path should only be sd/install/botw update version and just install as usual.
Thank you....
I will try it later today and return with hopefully good news

Kimmisser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I.finally made it...
I deleted all files in my botw game folder
I then opend my update folder and copied all the files here and pasted them into my now empty game folder
I launched homebrew and then launched the WUD Y MOD and selected my game folder and pressed x to install on my hdd and that made it work

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, updates don't override game files. they're in two separate folders. there's 50000, 5000c, and 5000e. I've forgotten (have them written down on psx place) which is dlc and which is update but 50000 is the game folder when it's on the usb.

tickets are also not lumped together, so theoretically, you might be able to install dlc, update, and game in any order, but I don't know for sure.

edit: nm, I don't think that will work due to the version.bin recording a higher update than the game if you transposed the install procedure.

I found it in my thread: Pinky's Wii-U Tutorials

Code:
00050000 = Game
00050002 = Game Demo
0005000c = DLC
0005000e = Game Update

there are other prefixes, but those are the ones I know.

Last edited by godreborn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: