Hacking How do I install d2x-cios offline?

shredded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Don't read this post. Fixed

I'm trying to install IOS249 offline with base 56 because that's what it says to use on the code.google page and it says to use IOS56-64-v5661.wad for installing offline, but I only have IOS56-64-v5662 and can only find that one, which I guess it the updated version of it, but will that work still work, anyway?

Where do I put it? In the wad folder? No matter where I put it, it doesn't make a difference and it still fais everytime I try to update. I uninstalled all the cIOS with it, but can't install any of them offline.

And the cIOS .wads from ModMii won't install with MultiModManager.

Using d2x-v10-beta52.

shredded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind. The wiihacks.com guide worked for me.

The reason I wanted to try the d2x cIOS is because both Retro games aren't working properly. DKCR loads every stage but Sunset Shore and you get stuck in the first game of MPT shortly. It could just be WiiFlow but that's the only loader I can get to load ISO files.

"make sure MMM is running on IOS236..."

I can't install IOS236. Tries to load IOS36-64-v3351.wad but fails, even though it's installed.

shredded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had it in the wad folder instead of the root. -_- Installed now.

Are those games problematic with WiiFlow or any other loader for that matter for anyone else. Running 4.1U. Would 4.3 fix it?

Nachtoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got the latest d2x, that should help. d2x v8 works just fine with everything I've tried it with, including MPT (Finally!), and DKCR also appears to work just fine now. I tried both without any issues. I don't use WiiFlow, so I'm not sure. It may just be the IOS it's using. I use CFG for a loader and haven't had any real issues with it once I got the settings and configuration how I wanted them. I'll try WiiFlow and USBGX to see if they cause any issues.

4.3 would be a good step. Just don't use the Sytem Update function in the menu. Use ModMii to update it to 4.3 and re-hack it at the same time.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. Do not upgrade to 4.3. There is no point as it only blocks hacking methods and removes the abily to install bootmii in boot2.
I am assuming you are new to wii hacking lol. ios 54 and 64 are different things. They aren't updated versions of stuff.
Use modmii to download the ios version you need.
As for games all games sould work fine with the normal setup. Except for cod where you need to use d2x 249-57 for it to work. But that's the normal setup anyways.

Nachtoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I said to install everything through ModMii, not through the system update function on the console. He can install system menu 4.3 after he has the current active IOS and cIOS installed. He shouldn't get the boot2 v4 update by that method. 4.3 replaces IOS 222/223/249/250/254 with stubs and blocks previous hacking methods up to a certain point. He can still use Wiibrand (and several others if he has the games for them) to perform the hack, which operates like Letterbomb.

Although, before he does anything major like replacing the system menu, he needs Priiloader installed, and have a NAND backup. This is assuming his console doesn't already have a v4 boot2.

shredded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse the late reply.

Another problem with a different game. Disaster: DoC won't load after Chapter 4 (I think that one; after the firestorm, anyway). Not that great, anyway (lol), but somewhat interested in the story.

I have the latest dx2, but it's the 2 something firmware revision installed. There's three and the latest 6 something is a stub and says it can brick the Wii with WiiMod (think it was that manager) so I didn't install that version. I'm just going to convert the games to .wbfs and try them with CFG loader.

Thanks for trying to help out, regardless!

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Do not upgrade to 4.3. There is no point as it only blocks hacking methods and removes the abily to install bootmii in boot2.
I am assuming you are new to wii hacking lol. ios 54 and 64 are different things. They aren't updated versions of stuff.
Use modmii to download the ios version you need.
As for games all games sould work fine with the normal setup. Except for cod where you need to use d2x 249-57 for it to work. But that's the normal setup anyways.
What you saying its a better possibility to install bootmii in boot2, if your using a lower firmware then 4.3?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The ability to install BootMii as boot2 has nothing to do with the system menu version.

You can install BootMii as boot2 on a 4.3 Wii as long as the boot1 is vulnerable.

shredded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty...

I tried Cfg_USB_Loader_70.zip and now DKCR will load Sunset Shore. I'm guessing that should fix MPT and Disaster as well.

TreXito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Probably not, but doesn't matter. Ultimately the answer is the same, just use ModMii
Little tut pls xd im noob sry :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Probably not, but doesn't matter. Ultimately the answer is the same, just use ModMii
Oh this isnt the thread i thought it is sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn