Emulation how do I get Wii games through Wii u

brunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have recently modded my Wii u and got some games I got through Usb helper, and after some games, I got and put into the Wii u, I thought "what if I could get Wii games through the Wii u?", as my thinking came on my mind, I thought of trying to get some offline games I haven't got the chance to play or try it out like for example "Wii play or Wii Play: Motion", so I went ahead on my computer with my 64 GB sd card I used to put the game's files, put it onto my computer and began the search. After some time, I found some games I found called romspure, but after some thinking, I wasn't sure if that's gonna work considering the fact when I try to open Wii sports club got on, giving me an unknown error. But, I wasn't sure what to do and wondered if Wii-emulated games would work on Wii u, help?

Jediweirdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forwarders or injectors, like UWUVCI, would probably do the trick if you want to play games by clicking on them through the Wii U menu and immediately going to said game. But playing Wii games without going to the vWii requires an emulator that no one has ever made (to my knowledge)… because there’s a native Wii already built into the Wii U.

Jediweirdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just use the Wii in your Wii U. Either homebrew your vWii and use USB Loader (download the vWii option), or run the Wii game through UWUVCI and upload the Wii game to the Wii U the same as you would any other Wii U game you want to inject to the Wii U menu (illegally or not).

If you want to somehow play the game without using the Wii in your Wii U, then you can't.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the games you want to play are on eshop. Just use Nusspli to download (slowly) them, so they'll install on the console like any normal wii u games. Or you can just dig through archive dot org for the Wii games in nus/wup format, download them, put em on the sd card and install them like so.

This is probably the simplest route and you don't even need to touch the vwii side (I think, I don't really use vWii because I use dolphin instead).

brunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just use the Wii in your Wii U. Either homebrew your vWii and use USB Loader (download the vWii option), or run the Wii game through UWUVCI and upload the Wii game to the Wii U the same as you would any other Wii U game you want to inject to the Wii U menu (illegally or not).

If you want to somehow play the game without using the Wii in your Wii U, then you can't.
Update: it worked,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off