Hacking How do I get USB Loader GX to properly utilize EmuNAND?

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey there, thank you very much for the help cyan, it seems like for the wii, the current method is to (in summary for usb loader gx):
1) generate nand dump via usb loader gx, use full dump option and set loader option to full, also setting the option for enable emuand
2) use modmii to generate uneek + di files, and place the appropriate folders on SD and USB
3) install one of the wads to get you back to real nand (nswitch), where usb loader gx actually lives. for the games that are individually set to use neek, you will set the loader to exit to that app (nswitch). the app triggers a reboot, where you end up back on your real nand after restart
4) use usb loader gx wad installer and install your wads to the emunand.
5) most games will use cios mode. if something doesn't start, set it individually to use neek via usb loader gx, and set it to return to the neek2o (nswitch) channel, which will initiate a reboot back into real nand.
6) launch neek once to generate necessary files, by doing so from usb loader gx settings.

so now, after completing this, you can:
install virtually all wiiware and vc games to your emunand, setting the problematic ones to use neek individually via usb loader gx (such as n64 vc games and castlevania rebirth).

my other question is, are there any games that can't utilize this method, and must still be installed to real nand? if so, is there any way to locate a current list? Thanks.

Last edited by grandosegood,

Xcali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi i want to create emunand on my sd card because my real nand is staring to fail and the system menu got corrupted cant access it anymore but the hombrewchannel still works just the system menu and all VC games that have black screen, fine whatever the wii is old as heck now, i have priiloader+bootmii i well die before this console dies, so i created neek2o and sneek using modmii first i placed all files and nand of sneek to sdcard got black screen tried neek2o the same thing tried the nswitch thing and it stuck at reloding ios i waited 5 10 20 30minues nothing then i unplugged the sdcard with sneek on it not neek2o and plugged it in another wii and the emunand booted up i have syscheck of each wii if want to help thanks

edit: and all my wiimotes lost sync but they work on that other wii

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your wii nand is failing, i would suggest trying to get a new one off craigslist, facebook or ebay. It's only a matter of time before it simply fails to start

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question regarding saves and emunand.... Can wads installed to emunand access saves on sys and? Or do they only work with emunand saves? What about in neek mode?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye