Hacking Question How do i fix this?

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I put my old NAND from my old Switch onto my new Switch unit and now I seem to be getting the Blue Screen when loading OFW.. and "Failed to load Firmware" when trying to push Hekate on Tegrarcmgui, I can boot into Hekate but yeah.. When loading any CFW it doesn't seem to load.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put my old NAND from my old Switch onto my new Switch unit and now I seem to be getting the Blue Screen when loading OFW.. and "Failed to load Firmware" when trying to push Hekate on Tegrarcmgui, I can boot into Hekate but yeah.. When loading any CFW it doesn't seem to load.
You can't transfer NANDs from different Switches. I hope you made a backup of your new Switch's NAND.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I did it because I was told that's the only way to get the saves from my old Switch due to my MICRO sd Port being messed up.. I should have made a backup of the NAND but I didn't.
Yea, no. You can use save transfer, cloud or homebrew. But this is definitely not the way to do it.
If you don't have a NAND backup, you need to rebuild your FW from the scratch.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, no. You can use save transfer, cloud or homebrew. But this is definitely not the way to do it.
If you don't have a NAND backup, you need to rebuild your FW from the scratch.
He flashed a NAND from a different Switch, so rebuilding the NAND won't do him any good because it will just be rebuilding an invalid NAND for his current console.

Reactions: DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He flashed a NAND from a different Switch, so rebuilding the NAND won't do him any good because it will just be rebuilding an invalid NAND for his current console.

So it's probably best to go back to the eb games / gamestop I got it from and swap it for another one? Is there still any way I can get those saves off my old Switch that has an unfunctional micro sd slot?
IMG_20190427_003945.jpg

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's probably best to go back to the eb games / gamestop I got it from and swap it for another one? Is there still any way I can get those saves off my old Switch that has an unfunctional micro sd slot?
View attachment 165158
Hopefully the store will accept the return. As far as recovering your saves, I'm not sure. There may be some PC based tools that are able to mount your NAND image so you can extract the saves from it but I wouldn't be able to help there.

Reactions: DerekGeneric831

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He fornicated the switch completely, yo. He got a paperweight, now. He made very big poo. Figuratively.
I understood that. I'm just telling him in case the store accepts to exchange his already-bricked Swtich for a new one.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I understood that. I'm just telling him in case the store accepts to exchange his already-bricked Swtich for a new one.
I hope wholeheartedly that they do not.
I sincerely hope they laugh at him in that moment.
I wanted to be there...
Why would you mess withour your Nand WITHOUT MAKING A BACKUP?

Reactions: codyjo

designgears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use hackdiskmount on the nand backup and pull the saves there, then use hactoolnet to resign them with new console keys.

Also you can swap the nand from the borked switch into the working one since it has that switch's nand on it and flash it again with the proper nand backup and then swap it back to the switch so it will boot again.

Last edited by designgears,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 165158

as long as your consus is clear and they don't test it before doing the trade i m sure that work... why is gamestop going under? LOL its not just the customer service

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging