Hardware How do I fix the ribbon cable connecting to the L button on my 3DS?

CaitlinL13579

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a second-hand 3DS and I had to replace the SD card slot, since it was broken, and silly me accidentally went too rough with whole thing as I was replacing the SD card slot in the motherboard, and I ending up snapping the ribbon cable in half that connects the L button. Could I use electrical tape or should I replace the ribbon cable entirely? If so, please send me a link on the internet of where I can purchase a new ribbon cable for that button.

The photo provided is of what it currently looks like, as you can see it’s broken.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 8CC5A6F1-9ED5-43A3-A82B-22BCB38938BE.jpeg
    8CC5A6F1-9ED5-43A3-A82B-22BCB38938BE.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 123

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can't see much on the attached picture, but if the ribbon cable is broken into 2 pieces, then you have to replace the entire cable. Replacement parts should still be available, try searching for something like "Nintendo 3DS L R buttons cable" on websites like eBay or amazon. I don't think anyone sells the cables separately for only one button, but it shouldn't be too expensive to buy both of them, and you'll also get to replace the R button which would also eventually stop working on this aging old 3DS.

Reactions: grubgrub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-