How do I delete the RedNAND partition?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OldGnashburg, Jun 2, 2017.

1. OldGnashburg
    OP

OldGnashburg Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    Canada
    Alberta, Canada
    I created RedNAND and it works fine, but after deleting a few apps to make room for others, I now have a bunch of apps that are name "???" and can't be deleted. How do I delete RedNAND and it's partition? Or at least how do I reinstall it?

EDIT:
    Tried disk part on my computer, and now I am using a recommended third party fat32 (recommended by a Wii U tutorial) formatter to format it. But how do you prevent those ??? apps from appearing?

Last edited by OldGnashburg, Jun 2, 2017
  2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You prevent them from happening by not using rednand. Rednand is an old and outdated way of hacking the wiiu it is unstable and curupts easily and is only of use to devs and should not be used by anyone else.

The problem you are having normally happens If the games were originally installed on sysnand to USB at the time rednand was created and you delete the games from sysnand then the tkt file for the game will still be on rednand thus the ???

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u can reformat in dos. I think u need to use dos actually since windows will only format the available memory. I forgot the name of the app or if u can use disk management via dos though.

@Marko76 is correct. the linking between sysNAND and redNAND will cause question mark tiles if u delete or move something from internal memory.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    First of all "DOS" hasn't existed since Win98 :).

Also, you can't use the "command prompt" in windows unless your SD is 4gb or smaller. You have to use a 3rd party tool. There's one listed at the start of my guide.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    "command prompt" then, u know what I mean. :P

I can't recall which app I used, but I know it was through command prompt. I had to redo my redNAND once when it refused to load.