Homebrew How do I convert 3DNES.3DS to CIA?

ChrisCross

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys,
I really need your help, I´m very desperate.
I´d like to compile a .3dsx-app also as a .cia with a 3D banner (I followed that guide: tutorial-creating-3d-banners-from-3d-models-for-cias) but everything i tried to include into the makefile didn´t work.
I generated the files and could finally export the .cgfx file but from then on, I had no idea how to tell the makerom.exe, what to do.

Code:
../Resources/hblauncher_loader.icn    :    $(APP_ICON)
    tools/bannertool.exe makesmdh -i "$(APP_ICON)" -o "$@" -s "$(APP_TITLE)" -l "$(APP_TITLE)" -p "$(APP_AUTHOR)" $(ICON_FLAGS)

../Resources/hblauncher_loader.bnr    :    ../banner.cgfx
    tools/bannertool.exe makebanner -i "$<" -ca ../Resources/hblauncher_loader.cwav -o "$@"

$(OUTPUT).cia    :    $(OUTPUT).elf  $(_3DSXDEPS)
    #tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf /hblauncher_loader.rsf -icon /hblauncher_loader.icn -banner /hblauncher_loader.bnr -exefslogo -ver 1072
    tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -icon icon.png -banner banner.cgfx -exefslogo -ver 1072
    @echo "built ... hblauncher_loader.cia"

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -icon icon.png -banner banner.cgfx -exefslogo -ver 1072
Looks like you're missing the rsf file which sets all the metadata (titleid, product code, permissions, ...) - get one from the source of another homebrew that builds as cia and edit as appropriate, then of course add it to the command line like in the example in the line above!
(if you find the format of rsf files stupid, it is - but it was invented by nintendo, it's what the official makerom32 uses, and the open source makerom wants to be 100% compatible)

ChrisCross

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like you're missing the rsf file which sets all the metadata (titleid, product code, permissions, ...) - get one from the source of another homebrew that builds as cia and edit as appropriate, then of course add it to the command line like in the example in the line above!
(if you find the format of rsf files stupid, it is - but it was invented by nintendo, it's what the official makerom32 uses, and the open source makerom wants to be 100% compatible)

Hey, thanks for answering.
Well... I don´t know, what´s wrong, but maybe I forgot to change something (https://pastebin.pl/view/2663e622)
The cia_workaround.rsf-File is in the same directory
Otherwise the command has a mistake:
Code:
tools/makerom.exe -f cia -o "$@" -elf $(OUTPUT).elf -rsf cia_workaround.rsf -icon icon.png -banner banner.cgfx -exefslogo -ver 1072

Last edited by ChrisCross,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker