I don't understand shit about the 3DS. I think it needs to be factory reset to clear the settings, but how do I get it set back up again running FBI and JKSM? I don't know what state a factory reset is going to leave me in and if it's safe to do.
I'll post here as well since you made a thread: (unit was sold with A9LH only, no NNID/Blank wifi Profile/no saved data etc..)
What are you trying to accomplish via factory reset? Is there an issue you're having that would require it? Factory reset would wipe out any data on the SD card (which is up to you), but would require you to copy the relevant files (luma, arm9loaderhax.bin) and such back to the SD so it will boot up.
So I take it's been factory formatted then? (Please don't follow the guide right now as A9LH is installed to the NAND as it is, you run the risk of doing damage if you do certain things there)
Before you jump doing anything, the system boots normally, just FBI/JKSM are gone? At that point yes, you would need to inject FBI into Health and Safety first, then install it permanently.
Though to do this, you will use Decrypt9 (hold right on d-pad during boot). (assuming you copied the same files back), send me a screenshot of your SD hierarchy)
You'll need to do the following
1. Choose sysNAND options
2. Go down and choose MISCELLANEOUS at the bottom.
3. Choose Health and Safety Dump
4. Name should be HS.APP (press A to continue), you should see a H&S Dump Succeeed. (If you get a H&S Failed De/Encryption Error, let me know)
5. Send me your HS.APP via PM and I'll create an H&S injected app for you.
6. Once you have it, go back into SysNAND options->Misc->H&S inject
7. Press the down arrow to go to FBI_WITH_BANNER.APP (which I'll send to you)
8. Should inject successfully.
9. Reboot the console. It should boot up normally. When you go to the Health and Safety App, it should now be FBI. Run FBI, and then I suggest install the FBI.CIA (you can download from the github or if the CIA folder is still there, you can install from there)
That way FBI is installed to the console.
Let me know where you got to and I'd be more than happy to assist. I highly suggest stopping for now and let me get a grasp on what you've done and where you are now.