Hacking How do I add my backups from my computer to my HDD?

zachzapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, noob here, basically I used this guide:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/gparted
To partition 50gb of my 500gb HDD for Wii backups. Using Configurable USB Loader I backed up a few of my games to test and they play fine.
But a while back I ripped a few Wii games on to my Hard Drive assuming I would just be able to drag and drop them on to the partition later, but when I plug in my HDD into my computer, I don't see the 50gb drive anywhere, so what do I do? I'd rather not back em up all over again using the Wii itself, any help is appreciated.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damn...
is it to hard to do a bit of search????

you dont see the 50GB partition cuz u formated it to WBFS in your wii, u should of formate your partition to FAT and then use a WBFS MANAGER to formate again to WBFS in the pc or u can use this manager:
http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/files/...mod.by.ardi.zip
he will be able to see your 50GB partition and u can send your ISOS directly by pc

if im not explaining well please someone correct me

zachzapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I'll ask this then, since I can not view my 50gb partition, can I format it to FAT using my PC?
I'm just confused as to how I would do that now that I can not see it, would I use gparted again?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
zachzapper said:
To partition 50gb of my 500gb HDD for Wii backups. Using Configurable USB Loader I backed up a few of my games to test and they play fine.
But a while back I ripped a few Wii games on to my Hard Drive assuming I would just be able to drag and drop them on to the partition later, but when I plug in my HDD into my computer, I don't see the 50gb drive anywhere, so what do I do? I'd rather not back em up all over again using the Wii itself, any help is appreciated.

use Wii Backup Manager and load the HDD using the "Drive" tabs, select what games you want to extract to say ISO(to burn) by marking the tick box, select the "Transfer" tab and select ISO then your save location.

Simples................

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
zachzapper said:

use Wii Backup Manager and load the HDD using the "Drive" tabs, select what games you want to extract to say ISO(to burn) by marking the tick box, select the "Transfer" tab and select ISO then your save location.

Simples................

sorry man

but Wii Backup Manager will not detect his driver since windows didn't assign a letter to it
in this case only wbfsGUI will see it
otherwise you would be completely right

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not that simple,
i had to formate my drive back do Fat to be able to assign a letter and then formate it to WBFS using Wii Backup Manager

or else no deal, and believe me i tried it all, i had 120gb in games and lost them alllllllll

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
kimikal27 said:
not that simple,
i had to formate my drive back do Fat to be able to assign a letter and then formate it to WBFS using Wii Backup Manager

or else no deal, and believe me i tried it all, i had 120gb in games and lost them alllllllll

thats only the case for free/shareware apps, if you use a paid for **cough** cracked ** cough** app then your fine

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
kimikal27 said:
not that simple,

thats only the case for free/shareware apps, if you use a paid for **cough** cracked ** cough** app then your fine

i did try that as well to assign the letter and still no deal...
i gave the EASEUS sugestion cuz he can detect and format it back to FAT, at this point it's the only thing possible
or use wbfsGUI like i used for loads of time

u really have to that care of that cough, it's not looking good pepxl lol

crappyone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I was kind of wondering the same thing.
I have a 1 TB HDD that I'm using for extra storage with windows and was wondering if I could partition part of it to use with the Wii.
So I was wondering if I could see the Wii partition within windows too.
I was also wondering if I could have them both (PC & Wii) hooked up to the external HDD at the same time.
I have HDD hooked up with SATA to PC and was wondering if I could just plug in the USB port to the Wii?
I'm guessing that wouldn't work, but figured I'd asked.

*EDIT*
Well I found out games and WBFS do not like using SATA. Kept getting errors transferring games using SATA.
Switched to USB and all is well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...