How do I access the eshop?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DarkFlare69, Feb 13, 2015.

1. DarkFlare69
    OP

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    My 3DS is on 4.3, and I need to access the eshop. I have a 9.2.0 nand.bin copy. I hear that 9.5 sucks for Nintendo, so can I upgrade and then safely get down again?

2. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    No, if you upgrade to 9.5 you can't downgrade through software means.

3. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Can i use go.gateway emuNAND to get 9.5? And my 4.3 sysnand will still be there after I turn off my 3ds?

4. RodrigoDavy

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yes, you can. But you have to be careful to make sure you're upgrade the emunand not sysnand. There's a manual explaing how to upgrade the emunand in Gateway's site

EDIT: Forgot to ask, do you have the Gateway flashcard?

5. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    No flashcart, but I can access CFW. And go.gateway exploit

6. RodrigoDavy

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Here's what you need to do. 9.x emunand doesn't work using Gateway's launcher without the flashcard, you must use the MT-card launcher.dat. But you need the DS profile exploit to run the MT-card launcher.
    So you need to install the DS profile exploit through a DS flashcart. If you don't a DS flashcart there's another way using the web browser described in this thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/beta-spider-ds-profile-roploader-4-x-only.380725/

After you have the DS profile exploit, use the MT-card launcher and create a new emunand, because gateway's emunand won't work. After that upgrade emunand to 9.5

DarkFlare69 likes this.
  7. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Okay, I already have DS Profile exploit and MT-Card Launcher.dat.

Thanks for the help, I'll do this tomorrow. And will the eshop games work on my sysNAND, or do I have to boot into emuNAND each time to access the games?

Btw, jw, why doesn't Gateway's work? I thought Gateway was superior to everything. (Says everyone)

8. RodrigoDavy

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    AFAIK, the eshop games you download will only work in emunand.

They restriced access to emunand in the lastest firmwares to people who own a Gateway flashcart to try to force people who want to use emunand to buy the card

9. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    I wouldn't listen to him, MT-Card doesn't support the latest firmware(9.5). If you tried to update using it's launcher, you'll most likely just get a black screen.
    Your best and only option is to get a Gateway and use that Emunand to update. or update your sysnand but I highly doubt you want to do that.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  10. RodrigoDavy

Feb 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I was actually in doubt myself about that, forgot to mention that. But, hey, there is no harm trying. OP, let us know the result if you do try.

I am guessing it might work because I remember 9.5 emunand did work without an update in Gateway, but it broke multirom and that's why they released an update

11. DarkFlare69
    OP

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Damn. So unless I get Gateway, there's no way I can access eshop?

12. Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid

Dec 17, 2014
    My bedroom
    Yeah, cant access eShop w/o update.

I actually realized I don't want GW. Updated to 9.5 no regrets for some reason :D

13. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    MT Card's classic Emunand worked for me on EN 9.4 when i didn't have the card so you should be able to set up EN with MT's launcher without the actually card.