Hacking How did my 3DS brick?

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following along the https://3ds.guide/ and boom, half way through I brick my fucking 3DS xl. Pissed off because I followed the guide fucking PERFECTLY.
Half way through https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax after "Press (Start) to save and reboot
  • If you get a black screen, just continue to the next section
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section"
I turn off my 3ds when it goes to black screen. I go to boot it up and just a black screen of nothing. I pull out my SD card and the light turns of briefly before fucking turning off in about 3 seconds. Fucking great.
I know its probably a lost cause (I was planning on getting a new 3ds soon but it would have been nice to have a not broken old 3ds) but does anyone think I can get her back? I'm not gonna be a bi*ch and yell at you don't worry, I was the dumbass that did it in the first place.
I'm also confused what happened in the first place, I was following everything PERFECTLY and I checked my 3DS SD card and saw that I did put everything in the right place and nothing was wrong in any folder.
I did have my 3ds plugged in and if that was the cause I will fucking flip a table bc I'm such a dumbass.
thanks in advanced ;-;

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Serious consideration should be put into stressing as much as possible at that point in the guide that a boot without the bin file = immediate shutdown as it would cull half the brick-related panics.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you got a nand backup?

you checked for the armloader file on the sd card?

sidenote* might wanna check your problem with the word fuck

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following along the https://3ds.guide/ and boom, half way through I brick my fucking 3DS xl. Pissed off because I followed the guide fucking PERFECTLY.
Half way through https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax after "Press (Start) to save and reboot
  • If you get a black screen, just continue to the next section
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section"
I turn off my 3ds when it goes to black screen. I go to boot it up and just a black screen of nothing. I pull out my SD card and the light turns of briefly before fucking turning off in about 3 seconds. Fucking great.
I know its probably a lost cause (I was planning on getting a new 3ds soon but it would have been nice to have a not broken old 3ds) but does anyone think I can get her back? I'm not gonna be a bi*ch and yell at you don't worry, I was the dumbass that did it in the first place.
I'm also confused what happened in the first place, I was following everything PERFECTLY and I checked my 3DS SD card and saw that I did put everything in the right place and nothing was wrong in any folder.
I did have my 3ds plugged in and if that was the cause I will fucking flip a table bc I'm such a dumbass.
thanks in advanced ;-;
You are are part of the people who make me laugh and make me stay in this community.

Did you try entering Hourglass( ?O: and performing a nand restore to.. i don't know.. FINISH THE PROCESS?

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me tell you a little story of a girl who had panic disorder and just deleted all the files of her SD card because she panicked. On a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked am I. Can I even recover it at this point or did I just fucking sabotage myself on accident.

Reactions: Ichiriki

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Let me tell you a little story of a girl who had panic disorder and just deleted all the files of her SD card because she panicked. On a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked am I. Can I even recover it at this point or did I just fucking sabotage myself on accident.
Just put arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card and continue. If you lost your NAND backup, then do a 9.2 CTR transfer instead of restoring your backup in the next section.

Edit : download arm9loaderhax.bin from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0 if A9LH is installed, just copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, and use hourglass9 to do a 9.2 ctr transfer, and you are going to be alright.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
stop and try recover the files using a data recovery tool first before you copy anything else to the SD, while you will probably be fine without them, its always best to keep your nand backups etc for safe keeping

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you im a mess who should just tie her hands down and not do anything ever. I never thought I would be the dumbass on the forum who looks like a dumbass but anything is possible I guess. I am downloading the file and hoping it actually works.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you im a mess who should just tie her hands down and not do anything ever. I never thought I would be the dumbass on the forum who looks like a dumbass but anything is possible I guess. I am downloading the file and hoping it actually works.

You are going to do this:

Put arm0loaderhax.bin from luma 6.6 on the root of the sd card.
download hourglass9.bin and rename it to x_hourglass9.bin and place it on sd:/luma/payloads/x_hourglass9.bin. [Create the needed folders]..
Put the CTR TRANSFER FILES on the SD card.

Launch Hourglass9 by holding X or the letter you assigned it to boot. and perform a CTR Transfer to 9.2, and that's it.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Don't kill yourself.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you have plenty of stiff competition (infact I must have seen this thread repeated pretty much every day for the past 3 months "ARRRHHHHHH IM BRICKEDD!!!!!".....oh wait I didn't finish the guide

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
This is fun xD

D

Deleted User

Have we tried holding select on boot with the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root with the luma folder on the root along with it? And when you enter the black screen does the 3ds hang there with the blue led on or does it go on for 3 seconds then turn itself off? Having the led go off itself means you installed a9lh just fine so all you need to do is back up your otp you extracted,make shure you did all the prep work,plug your sd card back in and hold select while booting.

Last edited by ,

heliopause

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned on my 3DS! Lol thanks for dealing with my dumbness I got her working again. The real question is was the mini heart attack worth a CFW'ed 3DS.

SagaP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I turned on my 3DS! Lol thanks for dealing with my dumbness I got her working again. The real question is was the mini heart attack worth a CFW'ed 3DS.
Well, you tell us, with the posibility to recover your nand, the freeshop, and firm protection, i say it is time to just sit back and enjoy your console.
(just make sure you have finish the guide)

Last edited by SagaP,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats all your fault, for not reading completly the guide, and panicking at the beggining.

If you had formatted your 3DS at 2.1, bye bye 3ds.

Reactions: nechigawara

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find +1