Hacking How did my 3DS brick?

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Let me tell you a little story of a girl who had panic disorder and just deleted all the files of her SD card because she panicked. On a scale of 1 to 10 how fucked am I. Can I even recover it at this point or did I just fucking sabotage myself on accident.
You've probably got an answer, but I did the EXACT same thing when I first tried installing CFW.
Ha. You've genuinely made me feel better about it :P

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following along the https://3ds.guide/ and boom, half way through I brick my fucking 3DS xl. Pissed off because I followed the guide fucking PERFECTLY.
Half way through https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax after "Press (Start) to save and reboot
  • If you get a black screen, just continue to the next section
  • If you get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND” error, just continue to the next section"
I turn off my 3ds when it goes to black screen. I go to boot it up and just a black screen of nothing. I pull out my SD card and the light turns of briefly before fucking turning off in about 3 seconds. Fucking great.
I know its probably a lost cause (I was planning on getting a new 3ds soon but it would have been nice to have a not broken old 3ds) but does anyone think I can get her back? I'm not gonna be a bi*ch and yell at you don't worry, I was the dumbass that did it in the first place.
I'm also confused what happened in the first place, I was following everything PERFECTLY and I checked my 3DS SD card and saw that I did put everything in the right place and nothing was wrong in any folder.
I did have my 3ds plugged in and if that was the cause I will fucking flip a table bc I'm such a dumbass.
thanks in advanced ;-;
Lmfao, too funny. Youre not the first person I know who panicked at the exact same spot, so dont feel too bad, lol. Glad you got things sorted. If you have questions in the future, feel free to pm me or join the discord linked in my signature. Enjoy your new cfw'd system!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The real question is was the mini heart attack worth a CFW'ed 3DS.
Yes, yes it is.

Thats all your fault, for not reading completly the guide, and panicking at the beggining.

If you had formatted your 3DS at 2.1, bye bye 3ds.
Learn to fucking read, and stop being a dick.

She has an old3DS, a format on 2.1 wouldn't be the end of the world.

Even if she lost her NAND backup as a result of formatting, she could simply perform a 9.2 ctr transfer.

til;dr Stop being a dick!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)