Gaming How can I stop spamming Guiles on SSF?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well whats the best strategy/character to stop spamming guiles and blanka´s? I am fighting with Vega but there is no way for me to find a way trough those.

Ow and when my opponent quits will I still get my points?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean spamming their charge moves like the sonic boom and blanka roll using the lite mode touch-screen commands (so they don't need to charge them and can fire them off quicker) simply change your settings so you only face players who use the same mode as you and make sure your control setting is set to pro.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
emigre said:
You could try getting good at the game?

I don´t like that answer. I am good at the game I try every time AGAIN AND AGAIN but I fail in that.
ohnoes.png

QUOTE(BlueStar @ Apr 27 2011, 08:23 PM) If you mean spamming their charge moves like the sonic boom and blanka roll using the lite mode touch-screen commands (so they don't need to charge them and can fire them off quicker) simply change your settings so you only face players who use the same mode as you and make sure your control setting is set to pro.

problem; I am bad at making Ultra Combo´s with Vega.
ohnoes.png
I sucks at that. I am learning, but still.

But I need to stay at lite controls until I found the strong combo combination of Vega. But great try!

Caustic6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Use the player named Guy
he has a move which he can easly avoid those kind of attacks - i think its 2 or 4 in the touch screen
you should try it
smile.gif

Good Luck..

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no other answer if you play on lite mode. Seriously, know how to work around Guile players on Lite. I haven't trolled on lite for a while.. I think I might just boot up my 3ds to troll with guile for a bit.

Or, main guile for lite control and try to read your opponent from there.

If I were you, I would try to get better using pro controls. Lite is dumb.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're referring to fireball spam, focus canceling is often a useful counter. Focus through fireballs, moving your way slightly closer to your opponent each time. Before you know it, your Ultra meter is full and, if you canceled correctly, you'll still have most or all of your health still intact.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
So the question is basically "I'm sick of players using lite mode to do moves without having to input the commands, but I can't play on pro mode because I use lite mode to do moves without having to input the commands."

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
BlueStar said:
So the question is basically "I'm sick of players using lite mode to do moves without having to input the commands, but I can't play on pro mode because I use lite mode to do moves without having to input the commands."

This exactly...You can't have it both ways.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DeadlyFoez said:
They should have made it in a way that you can only fight against people that are playing in the same mode as you to make it fair. Hopefully they update the servers.

What they should have done is put damn cool down timers on the moves that require a delay.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
They should have made it in a way that you can only fight against people that are playing in the same mode as you to make it fair. Hopefully they update the servers.
If you had this game or read the rest of this topic you would know that this is already done. You can choose to fight people in either mode, or just the same control mode that you use.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Presto99 said:
DeadlyFoez said:
If you had this game or read the rest of this topic you would know that this is already done. You can choose to fight people in either mode, or just the same control mode that you use.

I think he means having it forced for everyone, not just have it as a choice.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play as Guile vs the CPU set it to Vega, put the difficulty on hardest. Mash the Sonic Boom button. What does the CPU do? Unless it just cowers there and takes it, it should give you some idea how to counter fireball spam.

Or get even cheaper than them. Play as T Hawk set one of your buttons to his Mexican Typhoon and the other to all three punches. Jump the first Sonic Boom and stab the the 3 punch button, that should get you past the Sonic Booms and likely score you a hit. While he is getting up from being knocked down close the distance between the two of you. Now stay on top of him and spam the skilless smacktard w/ the Mexican Typhoon... Being spammed by Hawk's, Zangief's, etc. super throws is FAR more irritating and hard to defend against than fireball spam.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't Vega have a rolling dodge and backflip dodge? Why not try rolling in, and backfliping to avoid the flash kick?

Or use Rose and her reflector.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
easiest way to beat guile/honda/blanka spammers is using Saigot, set touch screen 2 to high fireball, and 4 to low fireball, and set your L trigger to high uppercut, spam the crap out of fireballs, if he jumps over them or gets close, uppercut him, repeat. profit. saigot has the quickest fireballs so they will reach the opponent after 3-4 hits even if opponent is spamming sonic booms. please dont use this on any other fighter, as one, its as annoying as other spammers, and two, saigot is very easy to beat even when spamming if you can play halfway decent, which no spammers can, well actually hes pretty much unbeatable with guile/honda/blanka, could be only because people that use them are unskilled and only know 3-4 moves

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sagat does not have the advantage in lite mode against Guile. Guile has an extremely fast recovery and even if the fireball is closing in on Guile, he can simply jump. Not toward Sagat but just an empty neutral jump. If Sagat tries to jump over Guile's sonic boom, he'll eat a flash kick because, like I mentioned, he recovers way too fast.

Like I said, go learn pro controls. Lite mode is dumb. It would've been much better if Capcom thought of putting a freaking delay on using charge moves.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anakir said:
Sagat does not have the advantage in lite mode against Guile. Guile has an extremely fast recovery and even if the fireball is closing in on Guile, he can simply jump. Not toward Sagat but just an empty neutral jump. If Sagat tries to jump over Guile's sonic boom, he'll eat a flash kick because, like I mentioned, he recovers way too fast.

Like I said, go learn pro controls. Lite mode is dumb. It would've been much better if Capcom thought of putting a freaking delay on using charge moves.

I agree, Ill just need to find out how to make the Ultra and Super combo(I am aware of the command list course)

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:

who ever said you have to jump over the sonicbooms? i said just spam him back with fireballs to teach them how idiotic it is to play like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo