How can I stop spamming Guiles on SSF?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Langin, Apr 27, 2011.

Apr 27, 2011
  1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Well whats the best strategy/character to stop spamming guiles and blanka´s? I am fighting with Vega but there is no way for me to find a way trough those.

Ow and when my opponent quits will I still get my points?

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    You could try getting good at the game?

3. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you mean spamming their charge moves like the sonic boom and blanka roll using the lite mode touch-screen commands (so they don't need to charge them and can fire them off quicker) simply change your settings so you only face players who use the same mode as you and make sure your control setting is set to pro.

4. Langin
    OP

Netherlands
    problem; I am bad at making Ultra Combo´s with Vega. [​IMG] I sucks at that. I am learning, but still.

But I need to stay at lite controls until I found the strong combo combination of Vega. But great try!

5. Caustic6

Newcomer Caustic6 Member

Israel
    Use the player named Guy
    he has a move which he can easly avoid those kind of attacks - i think its 2 or 4 in the touch screen
    you should try it [​IMG]

Good Luck..

6. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    There is no other answer if you play on lite mode. Seriously, know how to work around Guile players on Lite. I haven't trolled on lite for a while.. I think I might just boot up my 3ds to troll with guile for a bit.

Or, main guile for lite control and try to read your opponent from there.

If I were you, I would try to get better using pro controls. Lite is dumb.

7. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    If you're referring to fireball spam, focus canceling is often a useful counter. Focus through fireballs, moving your way slightly closer to your opponent each time. Before you know it, your Ultra meter is full and, if you canceled correctly, you'll still have most or all of your health still intact.

8. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    So the question is basically "I'm sick of players using lite mode to do moves without having to input the commands, but I can't play on pro mode because I use lite mode to do moves without having to input the commands."

9. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    This exactly...You can't have it both ways.

10. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    They should have made it in a way that you can only fight against people that are playing in the same mode as you to make it fair. Hopefully they update the servers.

11. TwinRetro

United States
    What they should have done is put damn cool down timers on the moves that require a delay.

12. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    If you had this game or read the rest of this topic you would know that this is already done. You can choose to fight people in either mode, or just the same control mode that you use.

13. TwinRetro

United States
    I think he means having it forced for everyone, not just have it as a choice.

14. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Play as Guile vs the CPU set it to Vega, put the difficulty on hardest. Mash the Sonic Boom button. What does the CPU do? Unless it just cowers there and takes it, it should give you some idea how to counter fireball spam.

Or get even cheaper than them. Play as T Hawk set one of your buttons to his Mexican Typhoon and the other to all three punches. Jump the first Sonic Boom and stab the the 3 punch button, that should get you past the Sonic Booms and likely score you a hit. While he is getting up from being knocked down close the distance between the two of you. Now stay on top of him and spam the skilless smacktard w/ the Mexican Typhoon... Being spammed by Hawk's, Zangief's, etc. super throws is FAR more irritating and hard to defend against than fireball spam.

15. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Doesn't Vega have a rolling dodge and backflip dodge? Why not try rolling in, and backfliping to avoid the flash kick?

Or use Rose and her reflector.

16. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    easiest way to beat guile/honda/blanka spammers is using Saigot, set touch screen 2 to high fireball, and 4 to low fireball, and set your L trigger to high uppercut, spam the crap out of fireballs, if he jumps over them or gets close, uppercut him, repeat. profit. saigot has the quickest fireballs so they will reach the opponent after 3-4 hits even if opponent is spamming sonic booms. please dont use this on any other fighter, as one, its as annoying as other spammers, and two, saigot is very easy to beat even when spamming if you can play halfway decent, which no spammers can, well actually hes pretty much unbeatable with guile/honda/blanka, could be only because people that use them are unskilled and only know 3-4 moves

17. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Sagat does not have the advantage in lite mode against Guile. Guile has an extremely fast recovery and even if the fireball is closing in on Guile, he can simply jump. Not toward Sagat but just an empty neutral jump. If Sagat tries to jump over Guile's sonic boom, he'll eat a flash kick because, like I mentioned, he recovers way too fast.

Like I said, go learn pro controls. Lite mode is dumb. It would've been much better if Capcom thought of putting a freaking delay on using charge moves.

18. Langin
    OP

Netherlands
    I agree, Ill just need to find out how to make the Ultra and Super combo(I am aware of the command list course)

19. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    who ever said you have to jump over the sonicbooms? i said just spam him back with fireballs to teach them how idiotic it is to play like that