Hardware How can i safely plug in an american Xbox 360 in germany?

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So a friend of mine gifted me his Xbox 360 which he got from a family member who is from the US i believe. I have no clue which exact socket adapter i need to get for it to safely plug it in. I have an "adapter" (middle one [10A 250V]) but i dont think that it converts the voltage so it would probably end up frying the console. On the left with 10A 125V~ is probably the voltage it needs from the socket and on the right it needs around 100-127V~ 3,29A and it would convert it to 120W 12V 9,6A for the console... right?
20220624_011119.jpg

Otherwise i dont know if i can just simply buy a german AC Adapter for the Xbox to make sure it is safe. On the Xbox it says 12V 9,6A too. I put in this much information so i hope someone can tell me if i'm actually guessing it right to understand it a bit better ^^
20220624_011326.jpg

So my question overall... is it better to buy a socket adapter and if yes, can someone tell me which one is the best to pick or what i have to look at to find one?
And if i end up buying a german AC Adapter, does it have to be the same 12V and 9,6A? Because i have seen some with 10,83A which are probably for the Trinity model and i think i have uhm... yea... Corona.

I have already tried searching for an answer on google but it confuses me even more.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just use an European (German) Power Supply and you're good to go, Both Power Supplies outputs 12v.

You can use a Trinity Mainboard PSU on a Corona Mainboard, but (maybe) not the other way.

I wouldn't bother using a transformer because you end up paying more.

DON'T PLUG THE US ADAPTER INTO 220V, YOU END UP DESTROYING YOUR PSU AND MAYBE YOUR CONSOLE

Last edited by Ferris1000,
Reactions: JackTheFroster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...