GCN how can i rip sounds from GC ISO

killerloader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wan't to rip all the sounds from "Luigi's Mansion", i can already rip the textures using dolphin, so how would i rip the sounds?

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the main UI window(dolphin), you add the directory(ies) that contain you ISOs. Then, just right-click the game you want to explore the contents of and select "Properties". A new window will pop up. One of the tabs lets you actually explore the files. From there you can export any files you are interested in directly to your computer. On a gamecube rom , the files with the sound aren't your regular mp3 or wav , they are .idsp, .ssm or files, so look for those. Use the vgmstream plugin for Winamp. It can play a variety of GameCube music files, including .ssm and .hps

killerloader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've already extracted the whole ISO with dolphin, unfortunatly, the sound files in Luigi's Mansion don't seem to be compatible with vgmstream (Except from two audio files in the ISO, but those ones i don't need).
rarcdump doesn't seem to work too well with any of the .arc files in luigi's mansion either :/

killerloader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, the extraction isn't the problem, dolphin extracts it perfectly.
Otherwise dolphin would be unable to play the game probably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone