How can I patch gba vc full-screen?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by einhuman197, Jan 22, 2016.

1. einhuman197
    OP

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Hey guys, I need n00b ready help. I have a gba vc cia here and I want to patch it full-screen. I've only found a guide for .3ds vc's. What should I do? Sorry For n00b question and my bad English!

2. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    not sure you are asking, all GBA games play in native aspect ratio, filling the whole screen as much as possible, with only a little black bar on the left and right

as far as I know, there's no way to stretch them or anything

einhuman197 likes this.
  3. einhuman197
    OP

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Last edited by einhuman197, Jan 22, 2016
  4. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    The thread you linked is actually using nintendo's Virtual Console software, which does have a GBA emulator in it [albeit a slow crap one] but it was never used for GBA officially as far as I know, instead, nintendo's official method for playing GBA games involves rebooting the 3DS into a special firmware that's sole purpose is to run GBA on the console.

Unfortunately the VC in that thread is not the same as the one you are using to play GBA games at proper full speed and everything.

When you play GBA roms the regular way, you are rebooting into AGB firm, and are using a special mode of the 3DS, not an emulator, as such, what you are trying to do in all likelihood is completely impossible, at least for the time being.

Last edited by CheatFreak47, Jan 22, 2016
  5. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I really don't see what the problem is the gba games fill about 99% of the screen and once you start playing your game you don't even notice the very very small black bars.

The9thBit likes this.