How can I jailbreak an iPhone 3GS with the latest software?

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already searched YouTube and Google and found many ways but a lot of people are commenting saying that some of those methods are dangerous and will mess up the iPhone.

So, I want to know the ways I can jailbrake the iPhone 3GS.

And what are the risks?

Your help is appreciated.
wink.gif

Thanks in advance!

Have a great time and a Merry Tempmas!
biggrin.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
No risk whatsoever, you can't brick any iDevice software wise, you would have to physically open it up and pull things out, if anything goes wrong, put it in DFU and restore it, then start over.

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

I'm just pretty excited because my brand new iPhone will be in my hands in just 12 days!

Though I have another question now.

iPhones where I am right now are locked to "du". In case you're wondering, "du" is something like "At&T" (I don't know what you call those).

So can I use ANY du card or does it have to be the specific sim card that comes with the phone?

Thanks in advance!

biggrin.gif

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And uhh, other than my question above, if I jailbreak my iPhone, will I be able to update it to the latest software later on without having my jailbreak removed?

Please answer both questions.
smile.gif

Your help is very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

biggrin.gif

mcp2

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is a new 3GS (one manufactured after october) then you'll have a tethered jailbreak meaning that when you switch it off, you're going to have to jailbreak it again.

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcp2 said:
If this is a new 3GS (one manufactured after october) then you'll have a tethered jailbreak meaning that when you switch it off, you're going to have to jailbreak it again.

Oh my god!

For real?

Is this proved?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(driverzx @ Dec 19 2009, 02:33 PM) Jailbreaking iPhones.... It deletes al your contacts. Wouldn't do it.

I don't have my iPhone YET.

I will get one on New Years, so I won't have any contacts!
wink.gif

(Excited!!
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks for the warning anyway!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Around that time they might have already made an untethered jailbreak, @driverzx: >implying you can't backup contacts or anything else on the iphone.

Anyway if you want to update to the next iphone software that may come out in x amount of time after you have jailbroken your iphone then yes it will. Because the jailbreak is just a modified version of your iphone software, so then after the next software update happens and you wish to update it then yes you will lose your current jailbreak.

EnnEss

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riiiiiight.

Man I should have thought of that.

Hey... umm..... If I jailbreak my iPhone.

Then lets say, a new software came out, then it wipes out by jailbreak, will I still have all those non-free apps I got for free?

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Around that time they might have already made an untethered jailbreak

the problem with the new iphones 3gs's is that you cannot get them into the DFU mode. so hence why you cannot do an untethered jailbreak.

the problem with updating to the latest firmwares is that if they update the baseband, you might not be able to unlock it for use on another network. with the blacnra1n program it allows you to use any newtwork card on a locked iphone. just don'T update to a new firmware when it comes out. hold on until they can jailbreak the new one with all the network options.

apps wise. you need to have a jailbroken ipod/phone with appsync installed to use the hacked games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...