Hacking How can I install TN-V as a bubble?

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Many of you will be aware of the Christmas surprise, the release of the custom bubble hack allowing people to install PSP games as bubbles on the Live Area.

http://wololo.net/2014/12/26/release-tom-mr-gas-publish-custom-bubbles-trick-for-ps-vita/

There is also a TN-V Launcher floating around allowing people to boot straight into TN-V without having to go through the exploit game. However, nobody has written a tutorial to explain how to do this, just plenty of scattered bits of information on Twitter. I gather the eboot.prx file has to be signed using seboot, then an signed iso has to be created using fake_np. However, my efforts to do this have failed and there are no guides for people to turn to.

If somebody can write up such a guide, then I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be eternally grateful!

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't at the moment. The files qwikrazor87 released aren't working for some reason with the bubble trick.

So until he figures out where its failing we'll have to wait to get a working TN-V bubble.

As you can see here, he's not sure where it's failing to load. https://twitter.com/qwikrazor87/status/548261027976970240

The Ark bubble works though. :) Not quite as good as TN-V but it works. haha

Reactions: Margen67

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That explains a lot. I spent a few hours last night fiddling with those files, trying to sign everything and get everything working as an iso with no luck.

I'll wait until the TN-V Launcher works, then! I have both Go Sudoku and Gladiator Begins, I was planning to 'sacrifice' the latter to do this.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah same here. Spent a fair while last night and today messing with bubble stuff. And messing up bubble stuff etc haha

Only got Vita FTP and Ark Launcher and a bunch of clones so far.

BUBBLES!!!

9QkTV2M.jpg

Reactions: Margen67

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry if this is a daft question, but I assume we don't have to sacrifice a game for every single item we want to make into a bubble? Just the one sacrifice is okay?

ARK might be worth installing if nobody intends to release a working TN-V Launcher.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I've only sacrificed one real game bought from psn for Vita FTP and a demo installed (FF Type 0 JP) via package installer cloned for the rest.

The demo uses a trick with the folder name to get it to use a real game license (Patapon 2 in my case) and the homebrew eboots are signed (fake_np) with Patapon 2 as the base.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I found the relevant thread over at the Wololo forum so going though it all now, trying the trick with the FF Type-0 demo. Bit difficult scanning through such a long thread to get the relevant info!

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I still don't really understand what I'm supposed to be doing. I decrypted the FF Type-0 .pkg using PSN PKG Decryptor thinking it would generate an EBOOT.PBP, and I've ended up with an iso.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yeah the way around it making an iso with that program is just using the "Extract PKG for PS3 or PSP" option instead of the other 2 choices in the dropdown menu.

Then you should be able to find the eboot.pbp in the folder it extracted to. :)

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn. :(

Shouldn't take that long to extract.

Maybe a few minutes at most depending on your computer's speed.

That said, if you can already run TN-V or Ark or whatever it's probably not worth the hassle of messing with bubbles, esp if it's taking an hour to extract a 700meg pkg. haha

Plus getting EBOOT's renamed from FBOOT is a mega pain in the ass! :(

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is my netbook, hence the speed.

I can already use TN-V, of course. It's just that bubbles sounds much more convenient.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah they seem more convenient but can be such a pain in the ass to get going. :(

Like right now I'm trying to get one working and it just will not show up on the screen (that's after fighting with it for about 30 mins trying to get the damn eboot to rename from fboot)... -.-

So they really only save a few seconds to a minute depending on what exploit game/s you have.

Cosmic Taco Cat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ShadowTrance I'm working on trying to get a bubble working but I'm having some trouble. I noticed you have a vita ftp bubble so I'm trying to get that working.
I took the eboot from the vita ftp files and turned it into an iso and tried to use fake_np on it but I'm told the eboot.bin is an ELF file. So I take the eboot.bin out of the iso and stuck it in the fake_np folder.
I think I'm supposed to sign it so I use the command prompt and type in seboot eboot.bin but get Invalid tag index then some text with tag 0-10. Whats am I doing wrong?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to sign the eboot.bin with seboot... so for eg: seboot.exe -t2 EBOOT.BIN EBOOT_.BIN

The first being the original and the second being the output (new signed one), then repack it into an iso THEN fake sign it with fake_np. :)

Obviously rename the EBOOT_.bin back to EBOOT.BIN when you put it into the iso folder to repack with UMDGEN.

mummysboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this working using patapon 2 as the Base Game. Other PSN titles should work (Be wary of MINI's as compatability can be hit and miss)

Here are the steps:
I have patapon 2 running the TN-V Exploit.
Homebrews required on vita prior:
PSPFiler & VitaFTP

on the PC you need:
QMCA
fake_np
PBPUnpacker
HEX Editor

1. Boot VitaFTP
2. Transfer your patapon 2 Eboot to your PC
3. Place it in the fake_np folder and rename it to PSN.PBP
4. Back up patapon 2 to your PC via qmca.
5. Back in FTP - rename PSP to PSP2
6. Rename GAME folder to GAMEE
6. Rename patapon 2 folder to UCES011772&
7. CREATE a new folder called UCES011772
8. Back to PC - get the VHBL iso from HERE (thanks to quikrazor87 for the share)
9. Place the VHBL.ISO into your Fake_np Folder
10.Explore fake_np folder and press shift,right click - select open command window here
11. Type "fake_np -b PSN.PBP VHBL.ISO VHBLBOOT.PBP" without quotes and press return
12. Transfer VHBLBOOT.PBP over ftp to the UCES011772 folder.
13. Rename VHBLBOOT.PBP to EBOOT.PBP. (the full stop after PBP IS VERY IMPORTANT)
14. Rename the GAMEE folder back to GAME then PSP2 back to PSP (DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP)
15. Double check it renamed back to GAME and PSP
16. Power off vita
17. Power on vita using PS button and Right Shoulder and power switch
18. Choose rebuild database and wait
19. Transfer over the VHBL save Files via QMCA
20. Boot patapon 2 - voila VHBL Boots - success, If not double check all steps preceding this one.
21. Transfer via QCMA your original patapon 2
22. Have 2 patapon bubbles (the second bubble restores TNV access)

To Change Icons and Name

1. Open your VHBLBOOT.PBP created above in PBPUnpacker and extract the contents to a folder.
2. Open param.sfo in your HEX editor (I used HxD)
3. Highlight PATAPON2 and change the entry to VHBL Bubble, then save. mine is HERE
4. Then create a ICON0.PNG (144x80) mine is HERE
5. Rebuild your VHBLBOOT.PBP from the extracted files and amended files using PBPUnpacker
6. open VITA FTP
7. rename rename PSP to PSP2
8. Rename GAME folder to GAMEE
9. Transfer VHBLBOOT.PBP to UCES011772&
10. Rename VHBLBOOT.PBP to PARAM.PBP
11. Transfer VHBLBOOT.PBP to UCES011772&
12. Rename VHBLBOOT.PBP to PBOOT.PBP. (the full stop after PBP IS VERY IMPORTANT)
13. Rename the GAMEE folder back to GAME then PSP2 back to PSP (DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP)
14. Power off vita
15. Power on vita using PS button and Right Shoulder and power switch
16. Choose rebuild database and wait
17. Icon Should Change along with name, and you should have a working VHBL Bubble, If not recheck all steps above.
2s5zcxx.jpg

Credits to Mrtom/gas, quikrazor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1