How can I fix the 'Insufficient Space' issue?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I have a HTC Desire 516 which runs every app I currently want, but if I try to install a game then the warning of 'Insufficient Space' pops up. I've got a 4GB Sandisk micro SD on it so why doesn't it download to the card instead?

Also, I've read to use App Cache-like apps to fix it but it didn't do jack, the problem is still there.

What's the fix, guys»

2. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Well some android/app can't be installed on the SD, but some you can move ... try moving what you already have to make space for that.

3. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Oh, okay. That's how but which folder are the installed apps on? It all looks kinda confusing on the folders.

4. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Oh, no, you don't move them like that.
    In the settings menu, you can find your installed software in a big list. Then you tap on an app, and get some info and options. One of those options is to move to the SD card if it's possible, other options there are to uninstall and clear cache and stuff like that.

Saiyan Lusitano and Sliter like this.
  5. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Ah, thanks!

6. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Turns out the phone I have won't allow me to move apps to the SD so I need to look into unlocking that manually. I'm looking at something Android SDK to quickly enable the feature so that may be it.

7. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    If you root your phone you can get Link2SD from the Play Store that automatically moves any app to the SD.

EDIT: Also, the Android OS lets you install apps when you have 400MB or above. The rest must be stored for app data or something.

RE:EDIT : Another Android phone of mine lets me download apps at 200MB or above, so it muat depend on the phone

Last edited by kprovost7314, Jan 26, 2017
  8. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    There is a shitty flaw on Android at least on HTC.. There is no option to save downloads to SD card.. So if you are downloading stuff from your browser like music or apk, it will fill up internal storage.. Of course you can move it later but I had downloads failed because they didn't fit internal storage but my 64gb SD is almost empty

9. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I've tried Link2SD but that didn't work.

HTC Desire 516 is a great phone, however, being unable to move apps to the SD is a completely moronic idea of theirs.

I'm gonna try this method: https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials...e-android-move-to-sd-card-feature--mobile-862

10. Spongebobplace

Spongebobplace that one noob who put cfw on his 2ds

Apr 22, 2016
    United States
    you could delete some old files and downloads and uninstall some apps

11. Dario_Darioso

Dario_Darioso Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2016
    Mikasa (Maijaus)
    My Friends had that problem, just install the APK of the app you want to install it. That worked for them

12. NGamerCole

NGamerCole Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Question, are you using the free version or the plus version? If the plus version, my question for you does Link2SD allow you to move 100% of the data to the sd card? Cause that's what I need, and if that's what it actually does I'll totally buy the plus version.