Zalda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
first, which torrent should i download?
i've found one with this name (hope this isn't illegal!)

Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_PAL_Wii-WiiERD

is that the right one? it's 8035 Mb

i have a pal wii with a solderless d2pro

and then, how should i burn it? i have a dual layer dvd and i have a dual layer writer

how do i burn it?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would also like to know this, I've been Googling for the last 2 hours, and I found this way:

" O.K,

If you want to avoid the duplicate channels, you need to do the 15% trick. This requires 2 DVD DL's, one with Brick Blocker and one without.

Make sure your Wii is updated to the latest firmware (e.g, either 3.1e, or 3.1U, and Wiikey firmware is 1.9g).

1) Use the clean copy of SSBB, and update. Watch until the blue bar reaches the 'w' under Power, then unplug the wii. Once that is done, throw your clean copy of SSBB away, you don't need it anymore.

2) Power the Wii back on. Set your Wii to 50Hz in your Wii settings.

3) Then put in your SSBB Brick Blocked version, and start the game. Using the Wii remote, when the white screen appears, press d-pad left, then 2, then 2 again. The game will start. Go to Options, then turn off Deflicker. THIS WILL SLOW DOWN THE WII COMPLETELY!!

4) Exit back to the Wii main menu via the home button. Set the Wii back to 60Hz, which will show some messed up colours. Reboot the Wii, and play the SSBB Brick Blocked version again. It should be working perfectly now smile.gif

If you don't care about dupe channels, just burn one copy of the game without any brick block, and let the whole thing update to 100%. Then follow steps 2, 3 and 4 with the clean copy of the game.

Enjoy! "

First of all, what's the 15% trick?
Why do I need to do that trick?

I only have 1 DL DVD, so I can't burn two copies.
I have a solderless D2Pro with firmware 3.1E.

What should I do?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you have a D2Pro?

I've done some more research and found these things:

15% trick = Use the clean copy of SSBB, and update. Watch until the blue bar reaches the 'w' under Power, then unplug the wii.

And on the official site of the D2Pro it says that problem games like SMG/SSBB/MK Wii are supported.
What does that mean?

I also read this on a review of the D2Pro:

"Now before I tested SSBB I connected the internet connection, went to options and updated to the latest official Wii firmware. It was at 3.1U but did take another update. We tested a DVD9 without any brickblocking. Insert the game and it will ask to update the console, which. I let fully install and update. After the console resets you will have double channels for news and weather, which isn’t a biggie, just move them a couple pages over. Once updated the game booted and ran fine. I was able to watch the complete intro movie and play a couple levels into story mode."

So I think I only have to download the DVD9 ISO, burn it via IMGBurn on a DL DVD and it should work. I don't have to brickblock or do that 15% trick.

xech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the information u provided is useless, since the 15% trick is only used to play the DVD5 version

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xech said:
i think the information u provided is useless, since the 15% trick is only used to play the DVD5 version

I'm sorry, but all the topics I find are from in the time the game came out, so it's very hard to know if my modchip (that wasn't even out back then) will work.

QUOTE(gratefulbuddy @ Dec 22 2008, 09:30 PM) I have a d2pro(15wire) wii-clip 1.3 fw-
SSBB (dvd9 NTSC); imgburn; layer-break at 2084960; verbatim dvd+r dl 2.4x
worked for me

Aha, thanks, hopefully it works over here too!
Did you have to brickblock it or something?

bigflause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I backed up a freinds DVD9 with DVD dumper and burned with Verbatam +DL. I am using backup launcher with 3.3e.

It always loads but I can never get past the first level. one I complete pink v's mario I always get a dvd read error?

I have burned 4-5 at different speeds and it happens at exactly the same part, every time?? any ideas why?

FamineMK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
xech said:

I'm sorry, but all the topics I find are from in the time the game came out, so it's very hard to know if my modchip (that wasn't even out back then) will work.

gratefulbuddy said:
I have a d2pro(15wire) wii-clip 1.3 fw-
SSBB (dvd9 NTSC); imgburn; layer-break at 2084960; verbatim dvd+r dl 2.4x
worked for me

Aha, thanks, hopefully it works over here too!
Did you have to brickblock it or something?

Since you have the PAL wii and the PAL game, you shouldn't have to brickblock it, the update is from the same region... it isn't going to brick your wii.

QUOTE(bigflause @ Dec 23 2008, 07:35 AM)
I backed up a freinds DVD9 with DVD dumper and burned with Verbatam +DL. I am using backup launcher with 3.3e.

It always loads but I can never get past the first level. one I complete pink v's mario I always get a dvd read error?

I have burned 4-5 at different speeds and it happens at exactly the same part, every time?? any ideas why?

I am assuming that you are using Gamma... read up on it and search the compatibility list... SSBB is broken on gamma. DL dvd's aren't supported so when it goes to load the cut scene it breaks... you are wasting media by reburning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D