Hacking Question How are we going to do this? (Nintendo Switch Lite RCM)

  • Thread starter Thread starter AkitoTheHedgy
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 86,234
  • Replies Replies 167
  • Likes Likes 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't going to be vulnerable to the RCM exploit regardless.

Nintendo did a really good job with security on the Switch. You should assume it's going to be a long time before it's hacked, if ever.
 
I don't understand the point of this post. 20 years of following the hacking scenes have tought me many things. You're not gonna get there by "inspiring thought". You're not connecting oscilloscopes to entry points and mapping spikes. Your "ideas" will not influence those with true know how. All you can do is learn patience and wait. Wait for someone who has the skills and patience to make it happen. I know you think you can "crack the code". You can't. Wait for others who will.
 
I don't understand the point of this post. 20 years of following the hacking scenes have tought me many things. You're not gonna get there by "inspiring thought". You're not connecting oscilloscopes to entry points and mapping spikes. Your "ideas" will not influence those with true know how. All you can do is learn patience and wait. Wait for someone who has the skills and patience to make it happen. I know you think you can "crack the code". You can't. Wait for others who will.
Uhhh I never thought I could "Crack the code" so, what do you mean?
 
So, now that the Nintendo switch lite is announced, how are we going to hack it?
Since the Joy-Cons can't come off, we can't use RCM Jigs with them.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how this is going to work? (And is this a right place to put it?)


No. How ever it will get hacked... eventually.

It might take a month, or it might take years, how ever it will be hacked... eventually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ElfenToola
If you wanted an exploit for ipatched or mariko switches sent over RCM, a signed payload that is vulnerable to an exploit would be required. Might ask some friends in PRC if they would leak any payloads. Also, there's an nvtboot exploit, but I'm not sure if nvtboot can be served as a RCM payload.
 
Last edited by uyjulian,
"we" :rofl: 99% of us are just sheep who follow real geniuses work, despite that I'd imagine if there was ever some sort of exploit it would be software side using an SD card to boot homebrew. I wouldn't get your hopes up though anyone ever wanting to hack a switch should just buy the already hackable ones. Luckily, for all of us, since the original switch is hacked, I can see potential exploits far in the future being found through those means and used on newer, more up to date consoles but let's be real, probably wont be for years and will probably be on the lowest firmware for that device. It really wouldn't be worth anyone's hassle. You'd get more paying double the price of the original switch for an exploitable console than you would buying a newer unhackable (as of now) console.
 
If you wanted an exploit for ipatched or mariko switches sent over RCM, a signed payload that is vulnerable to an exploit would be required. Might ask some friends in PRC if they would leak any payloads. Also, there's an nvtboot exploit, but I'm not sure if that can be served as a RCM payload.
The switch does not have nvtboot
 
  • Like
Reactions: NoNAND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted