Hacking How are r4 cards more expensive than the "200 game in one!" eBay listings?

Unia4L

:)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey!

So, I purchased a 259 in 1 3ds/DS flash cart (DS games working on DS and 3ds) for £11.99 2~ years ago.
It's still not dead, and working fine. But then I see the same thing being sold for £12.99 by a different seller but the exact same description.
But, if we then checkout an r4 they sell for $20/£17~

I'm just confused, how can they get their cards so cheap? They feel exactly the same as the legit r4 cards, and they run games at near the exact same speeds with zero issues. Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks ^^

Mcall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing that makes sense to me is that r4 is a name brand and people may just pay more for them even if there are cheaper, exactly the same clones.

Unia4L

:)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One thing that makes sense to me is that r4 is a name brand and people may just pay more for them even if there are cheaper, exactly the same clones.

Good point. I once saw a "clone" being sold with "All Mainline Nintendo Games (Including, Pokemon) with ALL popular games 500 in 1" or something very similar. You're paying less, and having games on their right out the box? If they don't have a TB they're a good deal.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I know, it's been a problem in Europe and Asia the somewhat higher prices of R4 clones since 2009, because they're directly targeted as piracy because of the name "R4".
Nintendo around 2007 filled a lawsuit against pirates on the Nintendo DS scene, and specifically to the creators and vendors of R4 cartridges and clones, and since Nintendo won the lawsuit (as far as I remember), it became harder in certain parts of the world to find R4 clones (by that time, the original R4 stopped production) and even became pretty impossible in some countries where those flashcards became illegal.
Maybe it's related to that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today