Homebrew How are .nds files produced?

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone
This time, I just wanted to ask a random question: How are the original NDS games dumped onto a computer, there is no adapter for it as far as I know?
wacko.gif

But yeah, thanks to everyone that pays for the games to dump them for everyone else...
happy.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool. Got it straight from a mirror on another site, since the real site has broken download links.

Just run the .nds file above from a flashcart, and replace the flashcart with a real cart, and I guess just back it up. I've never used this, so I wouldn't know how the setup is. It uses WiFi to back it up onto your computer.
smile.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
There were adapters in the early days, but the easiest method these days is to use Rudolph's backup tools, which are loaded into memory before you hotswap in the commercial card; then you either send the data over FTP to your computer (or if you felt like being a smartass, you could send it to anything else that can handle FTP, like another DS, a Wii, a smartphone, etc.) or alternatively copy the data to a SLOT-2 card then copy it back to your SLOT-1 card's microSD. If it's larger than 32MB (the size of the 3-in-1's NOR) you just do it in chunks and then the backup tool puts them back together at the end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol