How about xci games in the future?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by theking1987, Aug 28, 2018.

1. theking1987
    OP

theking1987 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2017
    Netherlands
    With the new super ban and the possibilty of losing nsp from cnsp.
    What will this do for the xci games? Will they be downloadable in the future? and playable?

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Of course. Why wouldn't they be? XCI games are dumps of actual game carts

Erol likes this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    why in the future? They are already.

4. theking1987
    OP

theking1987 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2017
    Netherlands
    I mean if they block cnsp etc. will xci always exist? and can we play them without updates.

5. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    You can update them with a .nsp.L ike .3ds files we can use with Gateway and similar cards and update with .CIA
    Maybe you want to say "will we have .nsp with CDN blocked?" we'll have them too

6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Of course. Nintendo can not force you to go online (well, except for those titles where the actual full game isn't on the cart but has to be downloaded - Wolfenstein and LA Noire, I'm looking at you - why even, there are 32GB carts...).
    Just get a xci dump and update with nsp, if you want to.
    We'll always have nsp dumps of games, since they can be created yourselves (if game is bought) and BBB already does it in another way than using CDN. No worries about eshop titles here.
    If CDN gets blocked completely, some scene group will figure out how to just dump updates to nsp and start doing it.

justmiiplaynwii likes this.
  7. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    i cant believe you asked the same question again after we answered

8. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    The sky is not falling, everything will be okay. Relax. Take a deep breath. The only thing that will be changing is how you get your games. No more super easy app, we'll have to surf the inter-webs for stuff.

Anyway's, I'm pretty sure there are peeps with access to dev units that can download and then share what is needed without getting banned.

Erol likes this.
  9. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    well for not banned people XCI is the future, cert + offline + emunand could be great to avoid ban

10. gaicz5

gaicz5 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Brazil
    And about OFW updates? there is a way to play games that require 6.0 FW in a 5.1 FW using any method?

Example: Pokemon let's go requires 6.00 firmware.

I would like to keep my switch in 5.1.0 for a while... because i don't have the skills to update FW using homebrews or other methods.

11. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    if you have a vulnerable switch it doesent matter your FW version. also if nity detect that you are palying online on a oldder version hat cant run the game maybe they will flag u

12. gaicz5

gaicz5 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Brazil
    I forget to mention ... My switch is 100% offline and probably i won't turn it online again ...

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Would involve decrypting the .NCAs tucked inside the game, reencrypting them with the lowest masterkey revision, then repacking the .NCAs. Of course, this is all theoretical and has not been done due to a number of reasons, the biggest of which is the proper repacking of .NCAs

gaicz5 likes this.
  14. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
    If you switch is 100% offline, why do you even care if your switch is banned or not?

Being 100% is even worse than a ban. With a ban you can at least download updates for games and watch videos etc

15. Revard

Revard Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2018
    Germany
    Only possible if the game don't uses dependencies from the new 6.0 firmware.
    Or (theoretically) when you can patch out those dependencies.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When you plan to start using it "normally" you could restore your NAND and have a "normal" switch with online access.