Homebrew Hourglass9 GBA vc save dump

TUWieZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get a save from a custom GBA vc to use on pc/flash carts, but when I use hourglass9's GBA vc dump option the save file appears to be blank in hxd. I read somewhere online that decrypt9 (Not hourglass) has this option but you cant turn off the 3DS because the .sav stays in the ram, and is dumped from the ram. is there a 3dsx or CIA version of hourglass or is there a way to launch it without rebooting and holding start? Thanks

(Also a side question: if the GBA cia needed to be SRAM patched because it was EEPROM_V112, is it possible to grab the 512b eeprom from the 32kb sram via hex editor? Or are there any known converters?)

Last edited by TUWieZ,

TUWieZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agbsave9 seems pretty similar to decrypt9's agbfirm sav ram dump, requires the payload to be launched without rebooting; as rebooting clears the .sav from the RAM. How can I launch the payload without rebooting? Sorry I'm new to this

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to spam the forum with a new thread so FORGIVE ME but I have a simple question - anyone ever experienced the snes VC emulator on new 3ds resetting after you've played and saved a game? You boot the game up some time later and you're asked again if you want to use quicksaves and they're gone. Seem to happen on a few games, seiken 3....SoM..just strange.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agbsave9 seems pretty similar to decrypt9's agbfirm sav ram dump, requires the payload to be launched without rebooting; as rebooting clears the .sav from the RAM. How can I launch the payload without rebooting? Sorry I'm new to this
Go to system settings, and while it's exiting hold the payload button

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi