HOTD: Overkill... Game or HDD Glitch??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kaaji1359, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009
  1. Kaaji1359
    OP

Newcomer Kaaji1359 Member

United States
    Howdy... So I was playing straight through HOTD: Overkill and got to the 5th stage (Fetid Waters I believe). The game was running great up to this point, but for some reason the zombies that were supposed to be on screen weren't there, so the screen just stayed still waiting for me to kill the zombies that never showed up. The game was running great until that point. I re-started my Wii, ran the game again and the zombies that weren't there before were now there and I was able to advance further into the stage.

So I'm wondering, is that a HDD glitch or just a game glitch, and if it's an HDD glitch, would it happen again or with other games? I read somewhere about HDD's downclocking after a certain amount of time; would that have been the problem? Also, would HDD's affect the graphics of the game (some of the graphics seemed distorted)?

Thanks for the help

2. Gnac

Newcomer Gnac Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It's a game glitch. Happened to me on the carnival level on Director's Cut (Retail disc).

3. Elfish

Member Elfish GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    yup i had the same issues at other spots :/

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It does that on my retail disc sadly, playing via USB Loader GX is the best way to go and it stutters less.

You'd think SEGA/Headstrong would have tested it for bugs and glitches.

5. darkgoth

Newcomer darkgoth Member

United Kingdom
    My original does the same, pitty really as I love House of the Dead Games !!!!

Time to get the Dreamcast back out me thinks (!)

6. Mark McDonut

Member Mark McDonut GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Game glitch for that, but if your other games have music drop out or a lock-up check the threads for setting sleep on your drive.

7. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    Anyone else have the glitch where you only fire 2 buillets out of your clip before reloading, mine did this a few times, yet if u hold the wii rremote upside down it would sometimes go thru the whole clip