Host Sliderhax Locally for Browserhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CravingCritic, Feb 5, 2016.

1. CravingCritic
    OP

CravingCritic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2014
    United States
    I have an idea, that may just be stupid enough to work.

Would it be possible to mirror the sites used for Browserhax on a local network, disconnect the actual internet from your router, and navigate to the local web page on the 3DS browser?

My thoughts for this working is that the WLAN switch is on, and connected to an SSID, so the 3DS shouldn't complain about it. Meanwhile, since it's not actually connected to the internet, shouldn't that bypass the "phone home" FW check for 9.9 <-> 10.3 users?

2. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Nope. I tried this before. The browser sends the check to Big N and if it doesn't receive a response, it complains. (Connection is done through HTTPS so we can't hijack the connection.)

3. Luglige

Luglige hiatus

Jan 24, 2016
    Antarctica
    under your bed
    Maybe if we just made Wireshark for 3ds

4. Roboman

Roboman GBAtemp Fan

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    nope. once the 3ds hears its browser is outdated it locks it down until it hears from the big N to unlock it.
    it does this through https. spoofing https is on the same level of difficulty of generating their super secret keys they use to make legit cias. No happening without quantum supercomputers

Ev1l0rd and DesuIsSparta like this.
  5. hitsndc

hitsndc Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    United States
    Lol, I recently tried this a few days ago with my Synology NAS. Sad to say that it doesn't work, it's the browser man. Like Evil said, the browser sends a response to check for authenticity to Nintendo. The browser will just sit there and then errors out.