Hacking Hori Screen Protectors

Myztikal_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the deal about'em anyways?

I've heard raves and great reviews but, what exactly makes them the "best" screen protectors?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They're just plain awesome. I like them.
smile.gif

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They are very good quality. I bought some cheap $5AUD screen protectors from my local EBGames. They were hard to put on and had a huge air bubble around the edge, and after about an hour of Brain Training by my mother and my sister, the bottom screen protector was scratched so badly it was hard to see through it. I'm fairly sure it damaged the stylus as well.

The HORI protectors, however, suck onto the screen perfectly without bubbles as long as you clean dust off it first. I've had my set for about 3 weeks, and the touch screen protector's only got a few light scratches on it. I'm fairly sure those are from my worn down stylus, so I'm buying a new stylus set when I get a chance.

They are also pretty cheap. $10AUD from www.play-asia.com including shipping to Australia.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Get them. You won't regret it.

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if they're not the best, they're just reliable, cheap, and recommended by the DS community.

I have invisibleShield screen protectors and they work fine, but I could probably get 2 Hori ones for the price of an invisibleShield one. =p

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if they're not the best, they're just reliable, cheap, and recommended by the DS community.

I have invisibleShield screen protectors and they work fine, but I could probably get 2 Hori ones for the price of an invisibleShield one. =p

One thing I noticed about the invisibleShield material is that it's kind of rubbery, so it gives some resistance to the stylus. Not so bad that the stylus is hard to move, but it definitely didn't glide as easily. I use the full DS invisibleShield cover, but didn't use the ones for the screen and used the Hori ones instead.

That's what I really like about the Hori protectors. Almost from the minute you put them on you forget they're even there. It's pretty hard to get any bubbles with them, and the surface is just as smooth as the actual DS screen, maybe even smoother.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have some fake hori, but some fake ones are quite good too (I assume not as good as originals
smile.gif
), but opacity is good, and stylus slide on them like on ice
smile.gif

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the screen only type:

From what I can remember they are just a tiny bit more anti slip then just the screen but play 30min and you forgot about that
tongue.gif

The cleaning cloth does miracles on the protectors. They also fit like a glove! All my friends who played on it didnt even notice them untill I said they where there!

And my hori's are still scratch free after 6 months

EDIT: after some good cleaning of the screen I came to the conclusion that there ARE scratches
tongue.gif
Only I did never noticed them while playing and because most of the time my screens are a bit dirty anyways
tongue.gif

Mnshredder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had some left overs from the package i bought for my cell phone hehe so i am using them right now. It has scratches like no other. I might have to go pick up the 5 pack from hori and my target. Not sure as to when b/c honestly when the game is on i dont notice the scratches.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.