Hori Protective Filter Plus?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by whoisrhp, Oct 11, 2008.

Oct 11, 2008

Hori Protective Filter Plus? by whoisrhp at 6:38 PM (1,140 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. whoisrhp
    OP

Newcomer whoisrhp Newbie

United States
    Hi guys,

I just noticed on amazon.com that they sell Hori Protective Filters and they also have the Hori Protective Filter Plus on there site.

Money really isn't an issue but I see that they have like 36 reviews for the Hori Protective Filter and only 3 reviews for the

Hori Protective Filter Plus. My only question is because I read on the reviews that the extra 5 films that they come with are not good

because they tend to peel off. I know the original Hori 2 filters for the top and bottom do not peel off or have that problem because

im not touching that area as much with my hands. But I would think that since the filters are not applied and activated with soapy water

like the films from invisibleshield I would think that they would peel or like the position of the filters would move around? Can anyone tell

me if its true? because I already ordered film from invisibleshield but I might plan to return it back to invisble shield and just get the Hori

Protective Filter Plus.

Thanks.

2. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I suggest bestskinsever, but don't put it on the screen. I've had the Protective Filter Plus, it's very good, as long as you apply it carefully, mine came on with no air bubbles.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    hori are the best on the market as far as people in japan are concerned. you can get them from dealextreme pretty cheap with free shipping.

-another world

4. whoisrhp
    OP

Newcomer whoisrhp Newbie

United States
    see this is a review on amazon.com about the Hori Protective Filter Plus.

By Joseph Striefsky "Honky Magoo" (Jerz) - See all my reviews

Fun:
    I don't really know what to say aside from the fact that I found the product cheap and poorly made. Getting the screens placed on properly wasn't hard but getting the tape off the screens was almost impossible. While attempting to get them on properly I ended up scratching one of these screens and basically ruining it. The screen for the outside of the DS peeled off in under a week. I still have the inside covers on by the buttons but those aren't all that useful to be honest.

My question is I know the screens by Hori are awesome, but are the extra three protection filter screens you get in the plus package for the outside of the case the directional arrow, and buttons? because the guy in the review said his filter on the outside on the outside said it was peeling within less than a week.

and dealextreme doesn't sell filter plus just the 2 filter screens for top and bottom.

5. ninigou

Newcomer ninigou Member

United Kingdom
    i just received my "Hori Protective Filter Plus" from amazon, so im definitely sure that its true

also, you should notice that the original price for "Hori Protective Filter Plus" is higher than " "Hori Protective Filter" (as a result of the 3 extra filters), you may consider it the latestest hori (or amazon) promotion bundle

its really a good bargain

1 for Top screen, 1 for touch screen , 1 for top part of system, 1 for D-pad and 1 for button
    there is no bottom part filter

6. Aerundel

Newcomer Aerundel Advanced Member

United States
    This guy obviously did something wrong with the top lid filter. I've had my Hori filters on since July and there's not even a hint of any of them peeling off. And as long as you get all the air out from between the screens and the filters (which is surprisingly easy to do), any blemishes will be rendered invisible once you turn the DS on (for outdoors, I suggest turning on maximum brightness). The button filters are useful in the long run because it's not scratches you'll have to worry about there, but the oil from your fingers. You'll eventually wear away the matte finish on the surfaces if you don't protect them.

7. whoisrhp
    OP

Newcomer whoisrhp Newbie

United States
    so you got the hori protective filter plus? [​IMG] nice nice. do you have any pics of the top of your ds and the directional arrows and buttons?

8. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I bought hori screen protectors, and I fucked up putting them on......

9. JDMEVOIXMR

Member JDMEVOIXMR GBAtemp Regular

United States
    do it in a steamy bathroom to rid of dust particles