Gaming HoR or KH 3D

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.P.S. Emigre's comments almost come out as homophobic and hateful, although Kingdom Hearts's story has nothing to do with Homosexuality, if it did that would not make it bad game and should not qualify as a valid reason to not play it.

Good thing I dodged a bullet there.

I'm pretty sure that Sora wants to use his keyblade on Riku's lock if you know what I mean.

Was Riku the "I want to be like Cloud Strife because the fanboys love me" character?

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
P.P.S. Emigre's comments almost come out as homophobic and hateful, although Kingdom Hearts's story has nothing to do with Homosexuality, if it did that would not make it bad game and should not qualify as a valid reason to not play it.

Good thing I dodged a bullet there.

I'm pretty sure that Sora wants to use his keyblade on Riku's lock if you know what I mean.

Was Riku the "I want to be like Cloud Strife because the fanboys love me" character?

I think he was that sexually frustrated looking one.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm loving emigre atm.
Talking about my two loves: Tales of and gay people :wub:

Because homosexuality makes a game bad.
Also have we been playing the same series?

Reactions: 1 person

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, im going to gamestop later, if they have abyss ill get it, if they dont im just going to pick up a used copy of Pokemon Black or Snake Eater since HoR seems to be generic looking and the Drop system in KH sounds pretty annoying. Thanks for helping me make my choice guys.
well the drop isn't as anoying as it sounds it actually make it more fun and challenging while playing the game and fighting a boss

xerxes16439

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize to emigre, I was not aware he was joking. It's just that homophobic comments and jokes are very common place in many gaming communities and i get a bit sensitive when they are brought up. Zantigo, I hope you found my last comment useful as to making your decision and to respond EZ-Megaman I retract my statement about JRPGs and ARPGs, you are indeed correct, I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that. I do, however, stand by the rest of my comment.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow the amount of bias in this thread is just incredible. 1) Tales of the Abyss is a great game, i love it, its one of my favorites next to tales of symphonia, but it is in no way as AMAZING as some fanboys make it seem. 2) KH:3D's Drop system is not terrible, it keeps you from ignoring a characters storyline and you *can* control it to an extend and it actually keeps the game fresh and exciting. 3) Heroes of Ruin is fun but it gets repetitive really quickly, if you really like the gameplay or style of this game i would advise you to go for Diablo instead. Here's my advise, go for KH:3D or if you like Final Fantasy, Theathrythm those are probably the best games out right now. If you are not into Final Fantasy but want a great rhythm game, give Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure a try, there's even a demo out for it and if you get it you won't regret it. Honestly, if you are not into hardcore JRPGs the Tales games are not the way to go at all.
Uh, the man asked for opinions, something that's really difficult to get across without bias, seeing how we're talking about games we like. Your post is absolutely no different than anybody else's.

Also, I never said the drop system was terrible, I said it was annoying. I'm enjoying the game mostly, other than that and the completely unimaginative characters from TWEWY like Beat who wishes he was black, yo. They could have used more appropriate methods of preventing us from ignoring one character's story, like giving them puzzles that unlocked paths for each other.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I haven't play either, just the demos.
But apparently KH 3D's Drops system gets annoying and HoR gets very repetitive, is short and is terribly dumbed down for a dungeon crawler.

So I'd say go for Tales of the Abyss, which I can assure is fun, probably more fun than those two and has plenty of things to do.

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was going to be biased and just tell you to get KH3D, but after playing the HoR demo, I can say without a doubt Kh is better. after playing the demo for about 10 minutes, ot just got so boring. The HUD is confusing, the fighting is repetetive, and the customization is shit. That's just my opinion though. It still is pretty Bias I guess though. I've played and beat almost every KH. I guess getting KH3d isn't for anyone who hasn't played at least a few of it's predecessors.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest the only reason I was thinking about HoR was the online and voice chat really :/ I think I'm going to go with KH though, unless the gamestop has Tales. THIS IS MY FINAL DECISION. Thanks for helping me out everyone (except Janthran) ^_^

Reactions: 2 people

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I may be a little biased (I really don't like the Kingdom Hearts games - something about them reeks of market value/gimmicks to me), but I like the Heroes of Ruin thing. The story isn't much to write home about, but the multiplayer is.

My only gripes with it are: there are graphical/sound glitches, quests are non-repeatable except for going online and playing with someone's new save file, and sometimes it gets a little repetitive.

The game is pretty well balanced - people gripe too much about the skill trees and how broken one of the classes is. (Well, duh - that class has so many passive bonuses!)

I like multiplayer a lot, but the thing is, you have to be playing with a good connection if you want to get a good game going.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If its a multiplayer game you want, Heroes of Ruin. If you've played previous Kingdom Hearts games, definitely get that game, I don't think the voice acting is that bad though.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its a multiplayer game you want, Heroes of Ruin. If you've played previous Kingdom Hearts games, definitely get that game, I don't think the voice acting is that bad though.

While I respect your opinion, just so you can understand, take the voice acting from Kid Icarus, from a company who's 2 main characters are mutes, and compare it to Kingdom Hearts. That's why I hate the voice acting. But its not that much of a problem to me, that's why there's a volume option :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy +2