Homepass on N3DS 9.0

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Killaclown, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Killaclown
    OP

Killaclown GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway
    Hey! All the guides on the internet for homepass seem to be outdated, and I cant get any of the methods to work properly it seems. After a lot of searching, it seems 9.3 or smething changed the way homepass works, and people moved to a new method.

Being on 9.0 while most people upgrade to newer versions left me wondering how to setup everything for my older firmware? Both my sys and emunand is on 9.0 since I got my gateway a day after the 9.6 update got pushed. Does anyone have successful homepass working on a similar setup? What programs seem to work in that case?

Thanks for any replies.

2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I've tried all methods and only had it working on each for a number of days. I haven't revisited since getting my N3DS, but the number one thing to do is use McD@NZ1 for your SSID instead of attwifi.

3. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway

Yeah, tried with the NZ@McD1 without it working. Guess i'm just not going to get any streetpasses :/ The sad part of living on the country with nearly no one playing 3ds :lol:

Maximilious likes this.
  4. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

I hear ya there. I rarely ever take my 3DS out of the house so homepass was great. If only Big N opened it up over the internet like Homepass does it would make things a lot easier.

Killaclown likes this.
  5. toto621

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Using the same method described in this thread you can re-install old streepass data and re-enable simple attwifi HomePass. I didn't try myself but saw people talking about it in the thread so ask them :)

6. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

Just did a search in the entire thread for "streetpass" and no results came up... It's a thread about re-enabling DS flash cards, not homepass. Are you sure that's the right thread?

Edit: After searching for "homepass", the only person talking about Homepass in that thread is you... care to elaborate on the method you used to get it working?

7. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    I have an router-based Homepass setup and it's working just fine on a N3DS with 9.0.0 sysNAND.
    My setup cycles between MACs and between SSIDs, using attwifi, McD@NZ1, or others, depending on which hotspot it's spoofing. Nearly all of them work fine. None have any password.

If your Homepass WiFi uses WEP or WPA, try disabling it (but set up MAC filters to keep intruders out).

8. CroCop

CroCop Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Croatia
    I'm still new to this 3DS stuff, what is this homepass for and what can i do with it?

9. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    The guides are fine, the same setup I had for my 3DS now works with my N3DS at FW=9.5. I also set-up a dd-wrt router for my friend which also works up to date.

10. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway

hmm, I have tried pretty much every guide I have found. The Nintendo Zone pops up at N3DS Home screen, but when I put it in sleep and leave it for half an hour, I get nothing :/

11. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2014
    Which method are you using for your N3DS on 9.5? ALso is it emunand?

12. Maximilious

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

What's your operating system? I've had a lot of issues on Windows 8.1. I've tried setting up a VM, but have an internal wifi PCI card and no usb dongle to share the wifi under.

13. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway

Yeah, that just might be it. My laptop is running win 8.1 too. Will try on my desktop when I get home in a couple of days, running win 7. Hopefully one of the guides will work there. Also no dongle here either, Didn't think to bring one with for my laptop with an internal wireless card, will try with that when I get home too.

14. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    switch mac addresses every few minutes

I am using this script on my mac: relaymyhome
    I am on emunand 9.5 but it also works on 9.0 sysnand.
    I set-up a dd-wrt router for my friend and it works for him on his 9.6 sysnand (and my 9.5 emunand and 9.0 sysnand when I visit him)

The path to success is:
    • no wifi key
    • correct SSID
    • correct MAC address
    • wifi access point can actually get you to internet

15. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2014

Oh it's for mac. thanks though.

16. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    relaymyhome is for Mac, everything else apply to everyone regardless of their Operating System. My friend doesn't have a mac but homepass works with his dd-wrt firmware router + custom scripts.

PS. make sure you follow the path to success

17. Hyolith

Hyolith Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    Anyone think they would be able to help troubleshoot my android homepass set up.

I'm using a rooted Nexus 4 with stock 5.0.1. Macspoofer and Root Manager. New Nintendo 3DS XL MH4U LE with firmware 9.6.0-24U.

Previously I was able to go into WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini and changed gEnableApRandomBssid=1 to 0, setup attwifi with stock hotspot and received streetpasses normally and regularly.

I'm attempting that same method again with no luck. I'm using NZ@McD1 and am receiving access to a German Nintendo Zone, but I am not receiving any streetpasses.

18. Killaclown
    OP

Feb 13, 2015
    Norway

Homepass seems to be unable to properly set up on android 4.4+ I also have a galaxy s4 on 5.0.1 and there is no file with mac adresses to spoof. Something about android 4.4+ having some protection regarding mac adresses or whatever. Pretty sad when I realized this was the case too, not gotten a single streetpass with my android.

19. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    i have a app called connectify, makes a hotspot from my laptops wifi. can this aid me an anyway?

20. Hyolith

Hyolith Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2014
    United States
    My homepass using my Nexus 4, Android 5.0.2 is working properly during this International Streetpass weekend. On mutiple mac addresses too!