Homebrew HomemenuHax 2.0 released by yellows8 - Custom themes, *hax2.5 payloads and more

D

Deleted-236924

I fixed everything but the boot image. What format should it be, where should i put it, and what should i name it?
800x240, named imagedisplay.png (png format naturally) in the same folder as the installer.
(Still have to manually configure your menuhax to use that banner by going into menuhax config.)

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you do if you wanna switch the theme you're using for menuhax? Is it okay to install over or do I have to reinstall menuhax/the theme all over again? I just don't wanna mess it up...

D

Deleted-236924

You don't need to, menuhax manager lets you switch themes automatically. All you have to do is place the body_LZ.bin of the theme in the installer's folder, and pick the second to last option in menuhax manager.

keanutah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... wtf? First and foremost this only works on sysnand now and secondly you can no longer go power-button -> home-button -> assigned button = HAX. You have to restart the system every time you want to load once it has already booted up regularly. What gives?

Dunno about the sysnand problem but the reason why the power button trick doesn't work any more is because of the custom theme support.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on n3DS. It works fine if you follow the instructions.

I followed the instructions and I always land either on 0x... error installing or in "reboot system" screen when loading. The same for changing the basic theme. Only way for me is traditional install on basic default theme.

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions and I always land either on 0x... error installing or in "reboot system" screen when loading. The same for changing the basic theme. Only way for me is traditional install on basic default theme.
Did you open the "change theme" menu after installing themehax then change the theme from the installer? Do you have the theme files in the menuhax folder?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If someone want to change/install a custom theme without losing menuhax, follow these steps:
-Put the new theme on the menuhax folder.
-Run themehax manager (you can use the menuhax itself).
-Select the second option (the one that says "delete menuhax,clear the normal theme-cache...").
-Without exiting, select the first option (the one you use to install menuhax normally).
-Now, reboot your 3ds, go to home menu manager, and enter on "Change theme" but you do not have to change the theme
3ds-newbie-guide-themes-png.28654

(screenshot by @Argentlan )

-Wait until the writting files to the sd had finished and exit.
-Reboot your 3ds pressing L or the button assigned to run the hax
-Run menuhax manager again and this time, select the 5th option ("install custom theme...")

And you're done.
I don't know if there is an easier way.

richardparker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
guys i just installed a custom theme using themehax and i was successful.now i want another theme so what do i have to do? delete the previous files or just add the new files in the menuhax folder? please tell me properly cuz i cant risk losing menuhax again. thnx

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
guys i just installed a custom theme using themehax and i was successful.now i want another theme so what do i have to do? delete the previous files or just add the new files in the menuhax folder? please tell me properly cuz i cant risk losing menuhax again. thnx
If someone want to change/install a custom theme without losing menuhax, follow these steps:
-Put the new theme on the menuhax folder.
-Run themehax manager (you can use the menuhax itself).
-Select the second option (the one that says "delete menuhax,clear the normal theme-cache...").
-Without exiting, select the first option (the one you use to install menuhax normally).
-Now, reboot your 3ds, go to home menu manager, and enter on "Change theme" but you do not have to change the theme
3ds-newbie-guide-themes-png.28654

(screenshot by @Argentlan )

-Wait until the writting files to the sd had finished and exit.
-Reboot your 3ds pressing L or the button assigned to run the hax
-Run menuhax manager again and this time, select the 5th option ("install custom theme...")

And you're done.
I don't know if there is an easier way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT