Gaming homemade backup discs?

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey y'all. I asked a question on here like this one a while ago, but this piece of it was never really answered.
I'm looking to make backup discs for my PS4, as in, unofficial physical discs that will run games. I know that I need blu-ray discs to start with, but, will my PS4 freak out on me if I pop one in on official firmware? What prep do I need to do? Can I do this at all?
In its current state, my PS4 hasnt been used to run games since around 2016..? And is on official firmware. I'm hesitant to make modifications because I don't want to do more than I need to, or do something I don't fully understand. Any help is appreciated :-)

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: impeeza

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there is no full CFW, you can't burn iso to disc, only way to run games on hacked PS4 is FPKG method.
I see, okay. That works too, but the discs wouldve been nice. How do I approach this without having to make a ton of changes on the console? Again I am really a novice and I don't want to hack a console without knowing what I'm getting into. My console is still on OFW.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-exploit-guide.497858/page-1171#post-9996754

You can check out the AIO guide, also you can check out modded warfare video on youtube.
I really want to avoid modding/hacking it if I can. I can't find an explanation of what hacking the console means for it in beginner's terms anywhere. If you have a source that explains it in a beginner friendly way, then I'd love to see it. All I'm looking to do is run a couple game back ups and MAYBE get emulators going. I don't want to make more changes than I have to.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to avoid modding/hacking it if I can. I can't find an explanation of what hacking the console means for it in beginner's terms anywhere. If you have a source that explains it in a beginner friendly way, then I'd love to see it. All I'm looking to do is run a couple game back ups and MAYBE get emulators going. I don't want to make more changes than I have to.

Basically the exploit allow end user access to debug menu, which is normally existed on development kit, with the debug menu, the end user unit get treated like a development kit. The debug menu allow the user to install package files on to the PS4, PS4 games are in fpkg (fake package) format,

Reactions: SylverReZ

grillmasterxbbq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically the exploit allow end user access to debug menu, which is normally existed on development kit, with the debug menu, the end user unit get treated like a development kit. The debug menu allow the user to install package files on to the PS4, PS4 games are in fpkg (fake package) format,
Thank you, that helps. Circling back to earlier, did you mean you can ONLY run fpkg games? Or can you pop in official discs?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can play official disc as long it match the require firmware.
Any firmware that is lower requires an update. Its best to update via USB rather than the internet, as that will push you to the very latest version being 10.1 (I believe), making jailbreaks impossible to run.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense but I couldn't tell from the initial phrasing, haha. So theres seriously no other way to run fake packages or backed up games?? I HAVE to hack it??

If you have a game that require firmware above 9.0.0 then you won't be able to play the disc, since it require system update, same rules apply to game that require 9.0.0 you won't be able to dump them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality