Hacking homebrews never work for me =\

R1C3 N1NJA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any homebrew that needs wi-fi never works for meee...... and yes i have wi-fi.... well like ds aim it always says cant connect to wifi or w/e and same thing witha bunch of other stuff

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't leave anything set to "automatic," set everything manually in the WFC screen and then try an app like DSO that connects directly to the internet

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do commercial WiFi games will work fine when you try to connect?

If you have SSID reporting turned off in your router, it won't connect with homebrew apps, but commercial games will.

Try enabling SSID reporting if homebrew WiFi is important to you.

My normal setup is SSID reporting off, WEP encryption enabled and MAC filtering enabled. Homebrew won't connect that way.

Turning ON SSID reporting let's the DSOrganize web-browser connect, where it didn't before. Most, if not all, homebrew is like that.

SSID is the culprit, all other settings can be left alone. It MUST be enabled for homebrew WiFi.

Hope that helps you.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have SSID reporting turned off in your router, it won't connect with homebrew apps, but commercial games will.

My normal setup is SSID reporting off, WEP encryption enabled and MAC filtering enabled. Homebrew won't connect that way.

Turning ON SSID reporting let's the DSOrganize web-browser connect, where it didn't before. Most, if not all, homebrew is like that.

Hope that helps you.

So, you manually set the SSID in the WFC settings and it worked, but not for homebrew? Strange

PS: What do you think about my avatar? About time that I got one! The Offspring ROCK!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My normal setup is SSID reporting off, WEP encryption enabled and MAC filtering enabled. Homebrew won't connect that way.

Turning ON SSID reporting let's the DSOrganize web-browser connect, where it didn't before. Most, if not all, homebrew is like that.

Hope that helps you.

So, you manually set the SSID in the WFC settings and it worked, but not for homebrew? Strange

PS: What do you think about my avatar? About time that I got one! The Offspring ROCK!

Er...no. SSID is turned on and off through the router's settings, not the DS's.

pootman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For me, what made the difference was changing WEP from shared to open.

What are you trying to connect it to?

Shouldn't this be in the wifi forum if the problem isn't booting the homebrew?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ defibeep: any mods available to help, I can't post a new thread about my switch issue