homebrew ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by magic_marty, Feb 18, 2009.

Feb 18, 2009

homebrew ? by magic_marty at 8:40 AM (901 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. magic_marty
    OP

Newcomer magic_marty Member

United States
    Ok im kind of new to DS flashing so if this sounds retarded please disreguard ..I dont see what homebrew does other then look at files on the flash cart..thats all i can do with it is just select a file and look at it..and the DS organizer is the same way it dont do nothing eather..when i open it i just get a list of files and thats about it..i am concidering just removing them from my cyclo insted of them taking up space for no reason..

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    What about homebrew games? Homebrew media players etc?

3. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    well, there are alot of different type of homebrew, some of them are just games made by some people, whether others could be emulator like lameboy (gameboy/gameboy color emu) or just application that do stuff like msn/irc/ draw pictures and etc.

4. magic_marty
    OP

Newcomer magic_marty Member

United States
    oops sorry i titled the thread wrong i meant insted of homebrew its the moonshell that i can only view files with. maybe i put it in the wrong place ? i put it on the root of the sd card.. like if i select a file with it i can see the data inside of the file ect... i tried the puzlemaniak game but never got it to play i guess i did something wrong perhaps ..

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Moonshell is a media player. It plays music and video files.

6. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    for homebrew, generally, u just have to dump it at the root or u don't know what root means then just dump it after u double clicked on your drive, and they should work, unless of cos u need to put it in a specific folder, then in the read-me.txt, they should mentioned it...