Homebrew to Record Game?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by AtomBlaster, Apr 5, 2010.

Apr 5, 2010

Homebrew to Record Game? by AtomBlaster at 5:01 PM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. AtomBlaster
    OP

Newcomer AtomBlaster Member

United States
    Alright. I have Pokemon SS and I need to record a battle video for my friend, but I can't do it on the comp since none of the emus I use can read the save file, so I was wondering if there was some kind of DS homebrew app that could record what was on my top/bottom screens or both.

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    No, there isn't. This question has been asked before, and no$gba can read the saves fine, you just have to put them on the "BATTERY" folder.

3. KuRensan

Member KuRensan aka Pearbook

Netherlands
    Would be cool if there is one. That the video will be saved in a music folder on your MicroSD

4. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
  5. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    I doubt the DS can MultiTask like that.

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    There is no way the DS could ever capture video from a game... The processing power just isn't there.
    When you capture raw video on a PC there is a noticeable drop in performance and the video captured is huge since it is uncompressed. I would guess that the processing power needed to capture video alone greatly exceeds that which the DS (and possibly DSi) is capable of.

7. delete12345

Member delete12345 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not unless you do the method IGN.com uses. It's possible to record it, but you need a lot of hardware stuffs.

I have seen a picture of how IGN record their demo gameplay easily without relying on emulators. They made a special type of hardware that's wired (actually, plugged into Slot-1) to the internal hardware of NDS with the game card in that special hardware. Then they use some machine with 4 digital numbers (frequency) to calibrate and output the display to the computer screen via VGA ports.

I'm currently searching for the image. It's hard, but it's possible.