OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
3DS Binary --> Decimal Converter

This simple homebrew allows you to convert any binary number to a decimal one. It's simple to use: you just have to select binary number lenght, then to insert a binary number by using A button for 1 and B button for 0. Use L/R buttons to decrease/increase binary number lenght.

Fell free...

.. to take some code from this program. The main purpose of this homebrew isn't offering you a simple way to convert binary numbers (i'm sure you probabily don't need that). I made this homebrew to help people to begin 3DS homebrew development, soo feel free to inspire from that app!

ChangeLog

• Latest update (Rev 15) has this changelog:
  • You can go back to 3DS home from every homebrew's screen
  • Screen render now uses "Rendering utils" instead of many lines of code
  • Code got cleaned up a lot.
  • You can check Homebrew Version by looking at the bottom left corner of the top screen
  • Screen refresh fixed
  • Should be SSSPwn ready! (Updated makefile for that purpose)
  • Brand new icon and banner!

Link:

GitHub Repo: Link
.3DS File: Link coming soon
.CIA File: Link

ScreenShots:

35c253e4105ab329f96fde7b8107cb01.jpg

45f4b9a085d11a3112cf71ab0825f30c.jpg

f0749380fbf1a3518124e6b32f0e3033.jpg

dfd299217328336f461a3ea8aa74c969.jpg
Credits:
Myself (AlbertoSONIC)
Relys from GBATemp.net (co-developer)
st4rk from GBATemp.net
YourNerdyJoe from GBATemp.net
CalebW from GBATemp.net
Smealum for CTRULIB

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks, I haven't written any arm11 homebrew since I can finally run it now. Hopefully this helps me understand the framebuffering and graphics control :D
You're welcome!
By decimal do you mean integers (and if so, signed or unsigned?), or is it converting them to a floating point integer?
It just takes, for example, 1010 and it does 1*2^1+1*2^3= 2+8=10

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to compile it tells me theres no such file or directory #include <3ds.h>. I have devkitPro installed to c:/devkitPro and libctru is in that folder.

Well my ctrulib variable was setup wrong, but now I'm getting c:/devkitPro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc-arm-none-eaci/4.8.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lctru

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
When I try to compile it tells me theres no such file or directory #include <3ds.h>. I have devkitPro installed to c:/devkitPro and libctru is in that folder.

Well my ctrulib variable was setup wrong, but now I'm getting c:/devkitPro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc-arm-none-eaci/4.8.2/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lctru

I suggest you to install GCC again... You can find how to setup the environment in the Homebrew Development thread (check the OP)

Reactions: Margen67

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Guys i updated 3DS Binary Decimal Converter! Now it uses the latest libctru and it's working in homebrew launcher.

DOWNLOAD:
Here's the compiled files:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!5dImhD6A!-XzdeCOGU3J6HwfTly3vHw

Here's the updated github repo:
https://github.com/AlbertoSONIC/3DS_Binary_Decimal_Converter

BUGS:
-It crashes if you try to exit the app, so for now i removed the option to go back to homebrew launcher. The DOWN to go back to home is still there, but it crashes too. I have to figure out why both this app and 3DS Paint crash while exiting!

I SUGGEST
To use this build only if you want to use it from Homebrew Launcher. Nothing changed for cia and gateway users!

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Initial thoughts: you've got a typo in there (should be length, not lenght)

Seems to crash f I bump down on the circle pad as well, not just the D-pad.

There isn't a mode to do decimal -> binary, is there? That's actually what I have a use for, not the other way around :/ (though it's good to have anyway!)

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Initial thoughts: you've got a typo in there (should be length, not lenght)

Seems to crash f I bump down on the circle pad as well, not just the D-pad.

There isn't a mode to do decimal -> binary, is there? That's actually what I have a use for, not the other way around :/ (though it's good to have anyway!)
1)I'll fix the text
2)It crashes because when pressing down it tries to exit.
3)Nope, there's isn't any Decimal-->Binary converter because i don't know how to implement so many numbers without a keyboard or a numpad!

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to call the 3DS' on-screen keyboard? I know with PSP homebrew there was a way to. I'm not a programmer though so I have no idea

And well, I know the 3DS sees D-pad and circle pad as two totally separate things, for what it's worth.

You could also have it use the circle pad (or D-pad, whatever) to select a digit from 0-9 and then press A when you're done. That would work for decimal -> binary, right?

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
OP
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
As far as i now we can't call the system keyboard... But the circle pad thing might work! I think that i'd have to rewrite the whole GUI and then to start coding it. Once i'll finish 3DS Paint i'll start working on the converter!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol