Homebrew Suggestion Homebrew/Port Wishlist

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty simple. What homebrews or ports would you like to see on the Switch? Try and keep the suggestions reasonable and realistic. So no point in suggesting something like "PS3 emulator" or "GTA 5 port", as those probably won't be happening. And bonus points for suggesting stuff that's open source, as those could be easier to make happen.
So discuss here what you'd like to see. Maybe the suggestions here could inspire some of the talented devs to bring these ideas to life.

1. Quake III Arena port
https://ioquake3.org/
Open source Quake 3 port. This has been ported to other devices like the PS Vita, but I could imagine this running far better on the Switch hardware. The physical button layout could also help make it an enjoyable experience as well.

2. OpenRCT2
http://openrct2.org/
This is an open source version of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. Arguably the best version of RCT. Could work well with touch controls or even an analog controlled mouse cursor.

3. CorsixTH
http://corsixth.com/
Open source Theme Hospital. Another great game, which would work just as well as OpenRTC2

4. Metroid Boot Engine
http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,4274.0.html
This is a custom Metroid game engine someone made to produce other Metroid fangames. Think of it as the Metroid version of the Solarus engine that makes Zelda games. Porting AM2R would've been more ideal but I don't think it's open source, so this would be the next best thing.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Xash3D is an engine that apparently can run Half Life 1. :)

I'm very interested in classic 3D games that could be ported using the dual analog control scheme, that maybe aren't "just" shooters. Deus Ex would be amazing - but we are still far removed from that ever happening.. :)

Also - the usual answers, Kodi and dualboot into an Android distro (which arguably would also be the better environment for Kodi to exist in.. ;) ). Being able to use the Switch as a wireless device for music streaming.

edit: Also - some form of ebook reader. :) Just for the kicks of it.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

nightking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kodi would be nice, so I can stream videos from my NAS.
Dosbox for some MSDOS games (slip the switch in the dock and hook up a keyboard to play some old dos games)
Discord for chat
Google Earth would be cool. Use the joycons to zoom and navigate the map
Firefox/Lightining web browser

Reactions: Mnecraft368

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GzDOOM and Zandronum; both with Gyro support naturally. (DOOM, Heretic, Hexen, Chexquest, Strife, HacX, etc.)
DOOM 64 Ex
Xash3D (Half-Life)
GemRB (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Placescape)
"Hello World"

carstene1ns

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
f4ke.de
XP
Country
Germany
GemRB is possible, I have actually built everything besides the GUIScript plugin which needs Python2 (not ported to the Switch).
Doom64 Ex and Xash3D both need OpenGL, so not possible for now.

PICTOCHAT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Emulators, mostly Citra and Dolphin
Cheat code loading (Gecko OS, Ocarina)
Game mod loading (Riivolution, LayeredFS, Cafiine)
Coldboot CFW
EDIT: oops, my bad. Accidentally posted the same message twice. If this message could be removed, that'd be great.

Last edited by PICTOCHAT,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CorsixTH, even though its not my cup of tea, I remember playing a demo hospital game on PS1...

But what I really want is Command and Conquer RED ALERT2 :bow: (Oh and F* you EA for killing C&C series).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: