Homebrew on DSI?

Zerotance

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I searched youtube and saw this=

Does this mean that he has got another homebrew working on the dsi?
From his website:

QUOTE said:
? BMDS (2008/10/21 00:50) ? BMDS (2008/10/21 00:50)
???????????????? Shooting sound GESHIMYURETA
BMDS.nds?7???????????????? BMDS.nds orthodox key to the seven key settings,
BMDS_touch.nds?9???????????????????? BMDS_touch.nds nine, including a unique touch to the key placement is key.
????????????????????????????????SARU want to say more, so we try to publish for now!

PMS/BMS??????????????????? PMS / BMS, or create their own look, or to pick up, please?.
But then there is a video of him playing it on a DSI
Another hack? By someone else?

At Yasusoft's youtube channel, it shows him playing this on a DS lite, but someone else has got it on a DSI?

EDIT: If you look at the first mini-second, it displays a menu like the NDS backup tool, but not any way on getting out of it from the video.
Does he know something that we don't?

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Just asking, but what homebrew is he playing?
wacko.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up folks, what was used to do this was a save game exploit. So far, there are currently 3 known save game exploits but so far, none of them can be used to play commercial games or flashcards, just homebrew. There are groups of people right now trying to find all the save game exploits they can.

Now the problem with save game exploits is Nintendo can release Firmware updates that can patch these exploits and delete them off the game cartridges making them useless. So even if an exploit was used to play games/homebrew, once it becomes public, its only a matter of time before a firmware update is made to prevent it.

So unless a custom firmware can be made, there is no long term solution to play pirated games or homebrew on the DSi. Now the problem is, the firmware is digitally signed making it near impossible for it to be hacked or a custom firmware to be used unless its signed by Nintendo.

So as it stands, the only feasible method to get Homebrew and backups to run on the DSi at the moment would be through hardware modification such as a modchip unless the digital signature used by Nintendo is cracked. Keep in mind that the DS Phat and DS Lite used RSA signatures for download play which has yet been cracked even after numerous attempts by various groups to do so.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Narin said:
Just a heads up folks, what was used to do this was a save game exploit. So far, there are currently 3 known save game exploits but so far, none of them can be used to play commercial games or flashcards, just homebrew. There are groups of people right now trying to find all the save game exploits they can.

Now the problem with save game exploits is Nintendo can release Firmware updates that can patch these exploits and delete them off the game cartridges making them useless. So even if an exploit was used to play games/homebrew, once it becomes public, its only a matter of time before a firmware update is made to prevent it.

So unless a custom firmware can be made, there is no long term solution to play pirated games or homebrew on the DSi. Now the problem is, the firmware is digitally signed making it near impossible for it to be hacked or a custom firmware to be used unless its signed by Nintendo.

So as it stands, the only feasible method to get Homebrew and backups to run on the DSi at the moment would be through hardware modification such as a modchip unless the digital signature used by Nintendo is cracked. Keep in mind that the DS Phat and DS Lite used RSA signatures for download play which has yet been cracked even after numerous attempts by various groups to do so.
Thanks for the info! So about the exploits: do you know if they're in DS or DSi games?
Also, can Nintendo even update the firmware themselves?

Actually, I'm not that worried about game exploits being patched by Nintendo. I mean, look at the Twilight Hack! It still hasn't been patched!

Also, I wonder if something similar to the homebrew channel could work...

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Also, I wonder if something similar to the homebrew channel could work...
Though I'm not sure about the DSi Hardware itself, but the features and interface are very similar to Wii. I wouldn't be surprised if a Homebrew Channel is made.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Actually, I'm not that worried about game exploits being patched by Nintendo. I mean, look at the Twilight Hack! It still hasn't been patched!

The Twilight Hack was patched. The exploit remains, but Nintendo added code to the Wii to autodelete the TP savegame. Bushing & Marcan countered by changing the save's filename. Nintendo's next move will be to eliminate the newer save as well.

If they did it for the Wii, they will do it for the DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol