• Views 807,998
  • Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
YWW was the only game giving me issues to place on SD, extract the WUD and remove all the read only properties for all files, then place it on SD. YWW is working fine with beta 0.2 self hosted

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm missing a lib in order to compile hello_world from dimok789 github. /powerpc-eabi/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lgd
Hey,

sorry I guess I forgot to remove that from the linker flags. Its not required for the hello world example but it doesnt hurt either as its stripped anyway at linking stage.

If you want to get all the libraries then you have to extract the portlibs and libogc package I attached on the release page of HBL to your $(DEVKITPRO) folder.

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Guys,
I spent now over 3 hours in testing and I couldn't find a combination of files that is as stable as my last selfhosting-package.
No matter if I compiled the files on my own or used files from different precompiled builds from other guys here,the HBL-Version has a much failure-rate (Race Attack) than the original standalone GX2 Loadiine. So for now I'll stick to my "old" loadiine gx2-package.
I'll keep you guys updated if I find a combinaion that works pretty much on every try with the latest features.
For the time being I don't see much sense to decrease the "boot-successrate" just to have the HBL Interface.
Don't get me wrong, what dimok and the other contributors made is incredible, but for those few HB-Apps that we have right now I don't need a fancy interface.
In addition HBL is confusing my kids and they prefer the GX2-standalone version.

Take care guys!

Cheers, CableLeecher.

Last edited by CableLeecher,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to convert an MP4 payload into an ELF? I've got a payload that removes update data from the console (which also makes the red X go away for a while), and I'd like to set it up to work with this launcher.

My system is 5.4.0U if that means anything.

diazepam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,
I spent now over 3 hours in testing and I couldn't find a combination of files that is as stable as my last selfhosting-package.
No matter if I compiled the files on my own or used files from different precompiled builds from other guys here,the HBL-Version has a much failure-rate (Race Attack) than the original standalone GX2 Loadiine. So for now I'll stick to my "old" loadiine gx2-package.
I'll keep you guys updated if I find a combinaion that works pretty much on every try with the latest features.
For the time being I don't see much sense to decrease the "boot-successrate" just to have the HBL Interface.
Don't get me wrong, what dimok and the other contributors made is incredible, but for those few HB-Apps that we have right now I don't need a fancy interface.
In addition HBL is confusing my kids and they prefer the GX2-standalone version.

Take care guys!

Cheers, CableLeecher.
Someone smarter than me can probably figure out whats going on, but when my Wii u starts saying Race attack I just do a quick from scratch clear save data, run kernal exploit, and run hbl payload twice. That seems to put me back in the game for my wife to play. To think of it I seem to only get a one use launch out of the hbl when my wife is done and turns it off and wants to play again later I've been woke up saying its saying race attack. What does that mean?

Last edited by diazepam,

AirKing

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sagainternet.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys,

Take care guys!

Cheers, CableLeecher.

Here i dont have problem with HBL, sucess rate is ok... like standalone loadiine GX.
I Compiled hbl and loadiine at my linux server and run it on apache on the same server. If u wanna try it: wiiu.sagainternet.com.br

Cheers!

Bosco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my take on the Homebrew Launcher and Loadiine GX 2 icons. I pulled inspiration from the original Homebrew Channel icon. I always loved that water. So I created one with low poly water and one with just a flat color. Let me know what you think!

Homebrew Launcher (low poly):

HBL_Low_Poly_v1.png

Homebrew Launcher (flat):

HBL_Flat_v1.png

Loadiine GX 2 (needs work...maybe a different icon in the gray/black area.

Loadiine GX2.png

Thanks!
-B

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my take on the Homebrew Launcher and Loadiine GX 2 icons. I pulled inspiration from the original Homebrew Channel icon. I always loved that water. So I created one with low poly water and one with just a flat color. Let me know what you think!

Looks very nice! I'd suggest using something like Vector Magic to clean up the jaggies on the GX2 icon, though.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Homebrew Launcher (low poly):

View attachment 41532

Homebrew Launcher (flat):

View attachment 41533

Loadiine GX 2 (needs work...maybe a different icon in the gray/black area.

View attachment 41534

Thanks!
-B
We also a thread to post these and your future submission if you'de like: https://gbatemp.net/threads/icon-banner-collecting-thread-share-your-designs.417242/

Bosco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We also a thread to post these and your future submission if you'de like: https://gbatemp.net/threads/icon-banner-collecting-thread-share-your-designs.417242/

Thanks for the info. I'll post in that thread going forward.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually, cleaning up that icon isn't that difficult, without Vector Magic...

Thanks for fixing this for me. I'm not the best in PS/AI. Video guy by trade.

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cheers @CableLeecher...thanks for that...

Thanks @CableLeecher . Was hoping there would be a working combo, there must be a reason why it's not stable, but I'm happy to stick with your original self host package. Thanks again!

Here i dont have problem with HBL, sucess rate is ok... like standalone loadiine GX.
I Compiled hbl and loadiine at my linux server and run it on apache on the same server. If u wanna try it: wiiu.sagainternet.com.br

Cheers!

@BothyBhoy & @KiiWii and my other testers (realworld friends) I'll keep you guys updated via PM if I have a new package to test if you are interested.

@AirKing For me a just "OK" success rate is just not good enough ;)

My "old" package is a pretty much 100% success-package, ask @BothyBhoy , @KiiWii and lot's of other guys here that don't even care about Race attack anymore.
If it fails 1 out of 40 times then it's much. I just want to make another package that stable, even tho I still don't see a need for a fancy HBL Interface at the moment.
It's nice to have if it runs, but to be honest, for my kids and wife it's rather confusing than useful. For now we don't have lots of usefull hombrew like a Emulator (RetroArch) or any Homebrew-Game that keeps the attention of my kids and wife longer than 5 minutes. So for them it just needs to run Loadiine GX2 with a minimum amount of steps to get it running. If they can play Mario Party or Yoshi's Whooly World they are happy ;)
I enjoy all the homebrew stuff, because I'm a nerd and I love a proof-of-concept approach. So I'll further test with my own SD-Card for HBL but my family is using the old fashioned Loadiine-only way.

Going back to work - Have a nice day guys!

Cheers,
CableLeecher :grog:

Last edited by CableLeecher,
Reactions: KiiWii

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
look forward to your next release. i agree with you. i said same as you and got shot down in flames, in regards to a real need for homebrew channel...nice when we need it ,but shouldn't be mandatory.....just yet..... best wishes......

Reactions: CableLeecher

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really cannot comment on anything 5.3.2 as im not in a place to test it , is half the reason ive closed support for firmwares in not on... the script hosted @ www.wiiubru.com is v1.1 of HBL with a little mod to relys code to redirect on 5.5 detection .. other than that its a HBL issue i think...
Someone may have already confirmed this for you, but www.wiiubru.com works very well on v5.3.2. Thanks!

Reactions: pwsincd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/zt9KMvI-kQs?si=o7yb3GlzURRtZh0o