Homebrew Homebrew Launcher doesn't work

Mtcklsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I am a complete newb at this hacking business. Someone recently gave me a Wii 4.3U and I soon discovered that the shop was shut down and I couldn't download Netflix for the kids. I went on the hunt for a back door and it's been a wild goose chase ever since. I have managed to download Homebrew to my Wii, however, the "launch" option on the home menu never appears as an option for me. I am trying to do the second step in completing the soft mod but every suggestion I have found on youtube up to this point has failed to get to that launch option they keep showing and discussing. Help? Somebody? Anybody?

The first photo shows how far I have gotten in the second step in the process. The second photo shows what's happening on the home screen and currently the bain of my existence.

Attachments

• 20180825_041317.jpg
    20180825_041317.jpg
    1,001 KB · Views: 191
  • 20180825_041332.jpg
    20180825_041332.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 110

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
however, the "launch" option on the home menu never appears as an option for me.
there were never a launch option at this place.
I don't know which guide you are following, but it's really a bad one.

NEVER follow youtube tutorial, they are old, can't be updated, and often (always?) done by people who barely understand what they are talking about.

What you need, if netflix has really been removed from eShop, is to find a copy of that title. Titles are shared in a .wad file format (illegal to share, you won't have a link here), and you need a wad manager to install that file to the console.
if you have the netflix wad file (and hopefully the last version, because following outdated guides might give you outdated version of all files), you can come back here for next steps.

Mtcklsd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh the shop won't shut down until 2019 so you can actually still download netflix from the shop

I have tried and it doesn't even appear as an option. That is how I started on this rabbit trail.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there were never a launch option at this place.
I don't know which guide you are following, but it's really a bad one.

NEVER follow youtube tutorial, they are old, can't be updated, and often (always?) done by people who barely understand what they are talking about.

What you need, if netflix has really been removed from eShop, is to find a copy of that title. Titles are shared in a .wad file format (illegal to share, you won't have a link here), and you need a wad manager to install that file to the console.
if you have the netflix wad file (and hopefully the last version, because following outdated guides might give you outdated version of all files), you can come back here for next steps.

Thank you! I will see what I can do about getting that and give an update as time permits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-