Homebrew Laucher at home screen

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by mikeyngo, Nov 30, 2016.

1. mikeyngo
    OP

mikeyngo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Hello, I would like to first thank everyone that was involved in this homebrew scene. It is simply amazing how much work has been accomplished.

I finally gotten Haxchi 2.1 to work to boot IOSUHAX.

I am curious how do you get homebrew launcher as a separate icon on the main screen?

Thank you and any help is appreciated

2. Edizius

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    Why not just modify the config-text-file in that way, that you automatically start IOSU hax or homebrew launcher (depending on what you use more often), and that holding A-button starts the other?

mikeyngo likes this.
  3. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    config.txt
    Code:
    default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

mikeyngo likes this.
  4. mikeyngo
    OP

mikeyngo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2008
    United States
    Thank you for your help

5. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    your welcome

6. NintendU_the_great

NintendU_the_great OFFICIAL GBATEMP TROLLER

Banned
    Oct 4, 2015
    India
    in yer toilet!
    people are telling you "use haxchi" but i say, first use haxchi to load fw.img / signature patcher app
    then open the actual homebrew launcher (see the homebrew launcher thread, it is stickied in wii u homebrew) install and use that after opening a way to signature patch. then it will say in bottom right corner Homebrew launcher v2.0

7. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2010
    Then why not use haxchi to launch HBL and be done with it? Why launch haxchi to launch sigpatch to then launch HBL? Doesn't make sense. HBL only makes sense for coldboothax (if/when it gets a stable release unless you know what you are doing). HBL v2.0 is the same functionality as HBL 1.4.